where do you buy aftermarket wheels for diecasts? - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

where do you buy aftermarket wheels for diecasts?

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 505 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hwy 61, Brookfield, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I often see large collections of modified diecasts with great looking aftermarket wheels, but always wondered where collectors go to browse their rim options. With ebay, finding a set I want seems to be luck of the draw. I'm just curious where you guys get rims for your 1/18s, 1/24s & other scales.....it would be nice to know of a site where I can easily browse wheels by style & brand (such as BBS, Ro_ja, Crager etc).  

I also don't know of any companies other than GMP that make "aftermarket" wheels.

A viper that fellow member Tuning_Flo did. I love the rims (I think they're GMP's kinesis). I wonder how they mount?? Glue is probably required
Posted Image

Edited by Jon Mopar, 05 June 2011 - 09:49 PM.

I ran out of space long ago, but that hasn't stopped me! :rolleyes:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32951 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

Uli Nowak website does them, ebay too although in the UK for me it's limited, I look up 1/18 felgen, or alufelgen from Germany.

mrm & corrupted diecast on here do wheels too.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 505 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hwy 61, Brookfield, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

thanks, I'll have to check that out.
I ran out of space long ago, but that hasn't stopped me! :rolleyes:

#4 OFFLINE   aztom

aztom

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Farm & Construction toys, Diecast Cars, Trucks and Planes. Customizing diecast and Hubley Kits.
  • Favorite Brands:Most of them
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Jon, Open the thread just a few down from this one and I have a link to my 1/18 Wheel Guide.   This is just a listing of the wheels on models that I have opened, not every one made.  The info states what car it's off of, the stk number, How they mount, if known and the diameter and width of them.

You will at least get an idea of what has been made and what car to look for.  I have a few for sale from junkers but not a lot of them.

I hope that helps.
AzTom

#5 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

The U.S. (finally) has a source for aftermarket wheels!  Members corrupted and mrm are offering various styles either currently or very soon depending on which person and/or wheel you choose.  Give them your consideration since shipping from Germany and anywhere else would cost considerably more.  Uli Nowak is a very good source also but again, in Germany.  There are more out there but for me personally, I would give them my money first.    :occasion14:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.