Norev's 1:18 Le Mans Series Cars - Norev - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Norev's 1:18 Le Mans Series Cars

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   diecastcarsgroup

diecastcarsgroup

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Favorite Brands:As long as it represents the car I want in a proper way.
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

24 Hours of Le Mans!!! Just watched it today at the SpeedTV!!!
Amazing cars!!! The prototype units are just astonishing!  I don't know, but it felt and looked more hi-tech than F1!
I want one in 1:18 -- I've heard Norev makes them, so does Minichamps.  But for the price, I think I'd go with the former...

But then, I want one that's worth buying! I don't want to be disappointed in the end.
So how would you recommend any of Norev's Le Mans cars?  I am partial with the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP.

If you have sample pics, specially close-up images of those vents, ducts, and aerodynamic appendages, I'd like to see them!
I'd also like to ask if they have removable body shells such as the engine cover.  Do the doors open as well?

Please share your expertise with this brand?  If you can also post other Norev Le Mans cars for viewing and appreciation, I don't mind seeing them.
You can also send photographic links (Although, I prefer seeing fellow collector pics not the official website pics)

:wavetowel2: THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!   :occasion14:

| JOJO BEE | AUTO-ART-&-PERFORMANCE | OTTO ART N PERFORMHANS | DIECASTCARSGROUP ® |

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30941 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

PMA (pauls model art/minichamps) Peugeot all the way, the norevs don't have steering & for the money aren't really worth it. I got my 2009 win car for about £25 on ebay, they're meant to cost three times that.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

In rank order of quality... IMHO

Autoart

PMA

Solido

Norev

Maisto

The only one that I have with opening features is the Solido. I'll try to take some pics later on. Too much going on in the race now.

Edited by tonyg54, 11 June 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 30941 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

I rank my Maisto Audis a lot higher than Norevs, imo the Norevs are pretty crap for the money & no steering Posted Image

F**k you Photobucket.

#5 OFFLINE   diecastcarsgroup

diecastcarsgroup

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 318 posts
  • Favorite Brands:As long as it represents the car I want in a proper way.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Thank you for the replies!  Geez! Good thing you detailed "non steering front wheels!"    :occasion14:  The last die-cast I know in 1:18 that has just that would be from Jada!  It is number one requirement for me that any model car in 1:18 scale must have poseable front wheels!

Looks like I'll have to stay away from the brand when it comes to their Le Mans cars, unless otherwise they've improved on those valuable sections of model car requirements!

Thanks again to: Craig T and Tonyg54

Ei Tony! If you still have a chance, I think posting some pics of your Le Mans cars, maybe one car per model manufacturer samples would be nice... If you have the time!

:wavetowel2:
| JOJO BEE | AUTO-ART-&-PERFORMANCE | OTTO ART N PERFORMHANS | DIECASTCARSGROUP ® |

#6 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9008 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

I agree with what Craig posted.  Norev does some nice models, but they're kind of expensive in the US ($55+...usually before shipping).  Nice exteriors, but minimal cockpit detailing & they're sealed & as Craig mentioned, they don't steer.  Maisto's GT Racing line is very nice for the price point.

I just snapped these Audi Prototype pics last week...I'll post the full comparo later.

Left to Right...'99 R8R, '00 R8, '08 R10 TDI, '09 R15 TDI
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

'08 908
Posted Image

'08 908 & '93 905
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   agvancouver

agvancouver

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts,Film photography
  • Favorite Brands:autoart, kyosho, norev, maisto, tamiya
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

good thing i read this first. been contemplating Norev's LM cars lately, but if i had to choose, i'd go with PMA or even maisto.
View my photos!
www.redbubble.com/people/adriangeronimo

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 30941 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

If you can score the 2009 winning Peugeot from PMA at less then the price of the Norev, go for that. I saw the Norev for £75 a while ago, imo that's too much for it. I scored my PMA Peugeot from ebay for £20 lol!

F**k you Photobucket.

#9 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

The only thing I find with Norve is they can be hit or miss the Pug 908ís are out of shape especially when they changed the aero package. There Alpine A442 is a good model so are the later Porsche LMP2, I find the Audiís to be pretty good especially the R10ís and the R15 I have yet to see the older 905 Pug but I would not mind the 1993 version of it. I do like the Aston Martin LMP1 but will probably change it to the AUTOart versions as its opening. Not sure whoís going to make the best R15 Evo or the new Coupe as from what I have heard Norve and Spark will be making these. If you take your time Norve do make some good models for the price you just have to be careful which one youíre purchasing. Considering the price they arenít too bad even if they donít steer!
Steve

#10 OFFLINE   Drivermann

Drivermann

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 310 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Biante, Apex Replicas, Classic Carlectables, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Good information here. I've been considering a Norev Aston Martin LMP1. Price including shipping to Australia is A$80.
Ships from Cheap Diaecast Models - E Bay U.K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.