1:18 GenJi Models......what?! - Archived model news. - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1:18 GenJi Models......what?!

24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1786 posts
  • Favorite Brands:KYOSHO
  • Proud Citizen of: jp

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

There is a new car model company.  It's called GenJi models.  They cater to collectors who wants to dress up their models with  kits I guess.  So far I haven't seen an example.  Only pictures for now!  Makes me wonder as to how much their kits cost?

599 kit

Novitec / Rosso

Novitec

Attached Files

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

Their prices are pretty reasonable. Around $75 shipped for a kit to the US. A few members on another forum have ordered from them and got it no problem.

#3 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostS40, on 28 June 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Their prices are pretty reasonable. Around $75 shipped for a kit to the US. A few members on another forum have ordered from them and got it no problem.

Agreed.   Nice kits at a reasonable price. Wish I had the confidence to take on a project like this.

#4 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1786 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Wow...the kits are a lot cheaper where you guys live.  Over here...a kit will cost you $200 easy but they can color match the kits so when you get home you can just install the kit yourself to your model.   Or you can bring your favorite 1:18 model to the shop and let them install the kit for you professionally color matched, and wheels installed for $400 or so.    Or third option if you don't have the model yet you can buy everything in the shop....the model, the kit, the wheels, color matched, and installation for $600!

#5 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12149 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Where can I find these?

#6 ONLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

*moved*

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#7 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostrossoGTO, on 28 June 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Wow...the kits are a lot cheaper where you guys live.  Over here...a kit will cost you $200 easy but they can color match the kits so when you get home you can just install the kit yourself to your model.   Or you can bring your favorite 1:18 model to the shop and let them install the kit for you professionally color matched, and wheels installed for $400 or so.    Or third option if you don't have the model yet you can buy everything in the shop....the model, the kit, the wheels, color matched, and installation for $600!

Are you talking about GenJi models or some other shop in Japan does that paint work for you?

View Postpreisman, on 28 June 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

Where can I find these?

More information here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/genjimodels/

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31001 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

That red F430 looks pure evil!! :twocents:  It looks like one from a company who does it in real life.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#9 OFFLINE   bruinne

bruinne

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 543 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

too bad they only offer hamman 458 as a full kit...
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

The Hamann 458 only has Hamann wheels!

#11 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1786 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostS40, on 28 June 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostrossoGTO, on 28 June 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Are you talking about GenJi models or some other shop in Japan does that paint work for you?

View Postpreisman, on 28 June 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

Where can I find these?

More information here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/genjimodels/

Oh....I wasn't clear there was I?  This hobby shop I go to they can do the paintwork and installation for you for those that don't know how to unstall the kit.   GenJi company they will supply you with their kits, but I don't know if they do installation and paint spray on their kits.
Did this answer your question?

#12 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Yes, can you share what store does this and if they have a website? The person from GenJi models told me they supplied kits to Versus models- is that the place you're talking about?

#13 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1786 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

View PostS40, on 01 July 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

Yes, can you share what store does this and if they have a website? The person from GenJi models told me they supplied kits to Versus models- is that the place you're talking about?

The store is called " Happy Hobby Town " down here in Chatan-Cho Japan.  I'm not too sure if they have a website.  Yes, they maybe supplying kits for Versus, but Versus is gone.   The owner died I believe so unless his people decides to renovate and build their shop again I think Versus will no longer operate.   So to answer your question " NO" it's not the same place I'm talking about!    Versus is a big loss to car collectors who have very deep pockets.

#14 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

Yeah I heard about Versus, it's really unfortunate.

I just noticed that Versus did a Lorinser SL, I wonder if there's a resin kit of that available somewhere.

#15 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2424 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

View PostS40, on 01 July 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

I just noticed that Versus did a Lorinser SL, I wonder if there's a resin kit of that available somewhere.
Yes they did that for a Japanese shop called Veloce, but it seems as they no longer operate as well.
To my knowledge there isn't a kit.

Genji 16M looks good:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1786 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

View PostS40, on 01 July 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

It is unfortunate, but things have to move on.   I'm sure that someone will take over with another name and produce superb 1:18 scale cars.   GenJi is a prime example.   I was blown away by their Novitec Rosso F430 in which they used an Elite Hotwheels F430 and turned it in to a Novitec version with their kits, moulding, and wheels for $650.00!   I mean that's a hell of a lot cheaper than Versus plus this new Novitec has opening parts.   I'm tempted to take my Hotwheels F430 at that hobby shop and have them turn it in to A Novitec for $400.    That means I have to save a bit more!

I haven't seen the Lorinser SL.   I'm sure it looks sweet!

#17 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Uuhhh, there is a lot of bull flying around on here. I had some original APM kits and I also have some of the kits of this guy. Genji basicaly is a copy of the old APM kits to a lower standard. I seriously doubt he had anything to do with Versus and if he did it was more likely on the receiving end. Not the other way around.
And they gave a quote $780 for just a repaint of a Mattel Elite, which to be fair included the donor and a display.
  I had few customers already contacting me because of issues with his kits. Parts not fitting, lack of tires etc.
Versus models were artisans and although expensive, were just perfection in scale, that Genji, at least so far, can just dream about.

#18 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

And what can you do abbout that? I've got mine transkit 2 weeks ago.. I made testfit but rear bumper is not fit properly and wheels are not so good ( Also tyres ).. But I'am thinking to get Hamann wheels for it :)
Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Maybe someone will convert an AUTOart McLaren F1 to an F1 LM  :hope:

#20 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

View Postaudirs6, on 17 October 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

And what can you do abbout that?

I don't get your question. First I don't have to do anything about it as it is not my product. You have issues with it, you should contact them. But what could be done about it is, that I can build the model for you and correct all the issues it may have. And I am sure I can do it better and cheaper than them.

#21 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postmrm, on 17 October 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

I had few customers already contacting me because of issues with his kits. Parts not fitting, lack of tires etc.

Here.. What can you do for those people? You can get replacement for them?

#22 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

In some cases yes. I do have the proper tires and I do have modified parts that actually DO fit what they are advertised to fit.
For example no one takes into an account, that mattel's 360 Modena is based on the Bburago mold, but their Spider is new tooling.Because of this (and because Mattel's incompetence at the time) the Berlinetta and the Spider have different width front bumpers and therefore it is impossible for the same part to fit them both. This is why if you buy a Hamann kit from GenJi for your 360 it will not fit the Spider. I do have the correct front lip for the said Spider. I think one of the reasons his kits have issues (and plenty of APM kits too) is the resin they use which shrinks . It is easy to use and eliminates bubbles but shrinks. APM kits also used to come with alu rings for their wheels and with decals, where GenJi's kits come with no decals and the outer rims are molded in resin. And sometimes I guess the two halfs of the molds are not aligned properly and these rings become effectively useless, which makes your entire wheel set useless. I can, have been and am continuing to be able to fix this issues, but I am not out to correct other sellers f-ups. If you would like a properly built model I would love to do it for you.

#23 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2424 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Genji Model are scammers: http://www.diecastxc...vice-is-a-scam/

do NOT buy anything from these guys

#24 Guest_Screetoy_*

Guest_Screetoy_*

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

GENJI MODELS ARE THIEF.. DON'T BUY FROM THIS PERSON..

ALL OF HIS KITS ARE STOLEN KITS..

#25 OFFLINE   slk99

slk99

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Ferrari Porshce BMW

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

This seller also works with Fluffy... his name is Actros.... he is selling fluffy's "transkit" this moment....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-Hamann-...item4ab0861029

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.