• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Racing Simulations, 3D modeling, GT Racing
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, Minichamps, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hi mates,
going around on Ebay I'm looking since some weeks this (new???) brand, with C-Klasse DTM models from 1996 season...

Since I haven't heard it before, could someone of you explain if is a new one or not, and eventually the level of detail of the model??? It look quite good from the pictures...

Thanks in advance!!!

Here an example:

http://www.ebay.it/i...=item4aab1c5b8c

Edited by TopGun, 25 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.

Feel free to visit my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook...n.Models.Decals

My Racing Cars Collection thread is still to be done...

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Definitely not new, sorry I don't know much on the history on this particular model.

#3 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

I just checked the HUGE list on scale18 - Definitely UT model but this one isn't listed.  Similar UT Mercedes are numbered on top and on the side. Car came out 1994-95, maybe special dealer edition model.

#4 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Supercars, Group B, Group C, Group 5, FIA GT1/GT2/GT3, JGTC, Warbids, and Reno Air Racing.
  • Favorite Brands:HPI, HobbyMaster, Carrera
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

I think it would be fair to say that it's a UT that has had its original livery stripped and a new set of decals applied. You can see that where the decals are placed over any edges they don't conform to them at all. Check out the photo of the rear of the model above where the license plate goes. Honestly I wouldn't be paying nearly 80 euros for it, but that's just me.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

I have an Exclusiv C as well as the UT C. I'm fairly certain they're from different molds. The Exclusiv also comes with a display case as part of the box.

#6 OFFLINE   TopGun

TopGun

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Racing Simulations, 3D modeling, GT Racing
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, Minichamps, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

I don't think it's a UT re-decaled model... the level of detail is pretty different... look at the front/rear headlight and the front grid...
I read it's a german brand, but no websites at all...

S40 do you know anything else on this model??? Since IMHO it appeared on the web since few weeks...

I'm not interested in buying one, but I think it's interesting to discuss about the origin of this model... since the thread has been moved to UT section, maybe admin knows something about that!
Feel free to visit my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook...n.Models.Decals

My Racing Cars Collection thread is still to be done...

#7 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

All I know is that it's really old and I don't think they exist any longer. I'm not sure if they even made any other models. I'd say the ones online are just either old stock or collectors selling old models. They're definitely not new.

#8 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4480 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

They are new to the market and not the same mold as the old Minichamps/ UT DTMs. Check it out  http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb7267e38

Edited by littlerockshhd, 26 October 2011 - 04:21 AM.

#9 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

View Postlittlerockshhd, on 26 October 2011 - 04:15 AM, said:

They are new to the market and not the same mold as the old Minichamps/ UT DTMs. Check it out  http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb7267e38

Very interesting, thanks for the info.

#10 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31001 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

CK modelcars in Germany had a few in a while back, not sure if they still do though

View PostTopGun, on 25 October 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hi mates,
going around on Ebay I'm looking since some weeks this (new???) brand, with C-Klasse DTM models from 1996 season...

Since I haven't heard it before, could someone of you explain if is a new one or not, and eventually the level of detail of the model??? It look quite good from the pictures...

Thanks in advance!!!

Here an example:

http://www.ebay.it/i...=item4aab1c5b8c
In the advert he says that it's a custom job, based on a UT model - but it's not! as mentioned exclusiv sell their own models, which aren't stripped UT cars. To be honest though the one in the pic doesn't look that good, the quality seems way off to me.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#11 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9008 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

they're definitely not custom models...Modelissimo was selling them (they might still have them) late in the summer.

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'm going to semi-correct myself on this one. These maybe a re-release of an old model. I think, I've seen one for sale, and the owner said that it was an old disconti- model. However, it's still not the same as the Minichamps/ UT mold.....S40, how long have you had your model?

#13 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'll have to ask Vlad about it because a few sellers have them. It seems like someone just found a ton of old stock and is unloading them to a few vendors.

I've had mine for ~5 years now (both the UT and Exclusiv) that I've purchased second hand on eBay.

An easy way to tell the difference is that the UT has front side windows while the Exclusiv does not.

#14 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

View PostS40, on 26 October 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'll have to ask Vlad about it because a few sellers have them. It seems like someone just found a ton of old stock and is unloading them to a few vendors.

I've had mine for ~5 years now (both the UT and Exclusiv) that I've purchased second hand on eBay.

An easy way to tell the difference is that the UT has front side windows while the Exclusiv does not.
The Eclusiv pictured is way different. Look at Vald's Pictures. The hood, grill and head lights are different, as well as the rear brake vents are added to the eclusiv model. So I'm pretty sure it's not the old UT mold. However the first exclusiv DTM that I remember seeing on ebay was a long time ago. That seller said it was disconti...I think it was the seller from PR, that had a lot of old UTs...I'm pretty sure of it Nathan, but I have been wrong before...That's why I'm thinking re-release...it seems to be what model companies are doing now.

Edited by littlerockshhd, 26 October 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to convince me of? I already know Exclusiv is an old company and they don't have any new models. I know of the Puerto Rico seller you're talking about. I've actually purchased some models from him way back when.

#16 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

View PostS40, on 26 October 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

I don't understand what you're trying to convince me of? I already know Exclusiv is an old company and they don't have any new models. I know of the Puerto Rico seller you're talking about. I've actually purchased some models from him way back when.
Nothing, I'm agreeing that it's an old model, not new like Vald's auction and I previously stated. I think it has been re-released,  not just new old stock, because of the large number of them that has come into the market. But I could be wrong about that. Also, I was pointing out some of the other differences between the UT and Exclusiv molds.  :occasion14:  (note to self; Preface all commits and stop using the ambiguity key)

Edited by littlerockshhd, 27 October 2011 - 05:33 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   emmanouil

emmanouil

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3522 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: gr

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Exclusiv is definitely not a new brand. It released some DTM cars only and then nothing else.
They released DTM cars from a certain race year only (I cannot remember which), which was a subsequent of the race years from which UT made their models. For example UT made C-classe DTM racer from 1993-94 and 1994-1995 race years and Exlusiv the C-classe DTM racers of the 1995-1996 season. After that Exlusiv did nothing
I clearly remember when they were firstly relased they were WORSE and More expensive than the relevant DTM models from UTs.
If anyone looks at the wheels, the lights, etc, they look by far more cheap and plasticky compared to the UTs
I wouldn’t give more that 25-30 euros for any f them, and definitely less than for any UT DTM racer

#18 OFFLINE   mbc112

mbc112

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3060 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC,Norev, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

If you're still looking for those, they are now on sale on Modellissimo for about 30 E /piece.
These are no new releases, but they appeared back online since a few months. The detail is ok, but nut as the UT models : for ex. Headlights are a aluminum foil behind a clear plastic cover.
Also I don't think the '96 DTM season has been released by anyone, and for 30E/pieces, they are a nice buy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mbc112, 25 November 2011 - 04:31 AM.

Gunther - 15 years on DiecastXchange....

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.