Why don't Highway 61 Re-issue 1970 White Dodge Challenger R/T? - Highway 61 | Diecast Promotions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


Why don't Highway 61 Re-issue 1970 White Dodge Challenger R/T?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wellzie 74

Wellzie 74

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3178 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sevenoaks
  • Interests:Anything involving cars....Complete "Petrol Head"
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps, AUTOart, Kyosho, Highway 61, ERTL, Solido, Sunstar, GMP/ACME, Exotos, CMC's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Simple case of this model being a hit with collectors & prices now getting high for the limited batch they did make makes me wonder why they don't produce this version again as literally could charge double what the standard versions go for.

I know there were licence issues when they made it as was unofficial "Vanishing Point" car which was Licenced to ERTL (Poor excuse of a model if you ask me) but they already have a white 70 Challenger with red stripe, boot rack & different wheels so shouldn't be that hard to do.

Have a Yellow 70 T/A on order, would love to have this car next to it on display.

The 3 most important things in life...

It's not how many models you have but how many of them you look at & smile.
Good Karma, what goes around eventually comes around.
Never fart in white chinos after spicy food.
Posted Image
As a wise man once said......"Pull my Finger".


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   bofleon

bofleon

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

You are wholly right. Since Highway 61 is closed down, even they want to do it, they can not do anymore.

#3 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

View Postbofleon, on 15 August 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

You are wholly right. Since Highway 61 is closed down, even they want to do it, they can not do anymore.
Diecast Promotions and their Highway 61 brand are not closed down. They are just not doing 1/18s at the moment.
There is rumors that Auto World has leased their 1/18 tooling and will release more 1/18s.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#4 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9008 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Columbus, OH...GO BUCKS!
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I thought I saw that GL was releasing a '70 Challenger in white...don't know if it will be an R/T, though.

Posted Image


#5 OFFLINE   Mitchellman

Mitchellman

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 580 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl Authentics/AutoWorld/Highway 61
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostGavin, on 15 August 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I thought I saw that GL was releasing a '70 Challenger in white...don't know if it will be an R/T, though.

I contacted Greenlight a little while ago and yes they are doing an all white stock 1970 dodge challenger that will much look like the one from vanishing point. I'm not sure if it will be an r/t, but I think it is safe to say it will be since no new tooling will be done for this car and all of Greenlight's previous 1970 challenger releases were r/t's. now lets all hope they blow our minds with some enhancement I the quality of the wheels ...etc. : )

Mitchell

#6 OFFLINE   bofleon

bofleon

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostMitchellman, on 15 August 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostGavin, on 15 August 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I thought I saw that GL was releasing a '70 Challenger in white...don't know if it will be an R/T, though.

I contacted Greenlight a little while ago and yes they are doing an all white stock 1970 dodge challenger that will much look like the one from vanishing point. I'm not sure if it will be an r/t, but I think it is safe to say it will be since no new tooling will be done for this car and all of Greenlight's previous 1970 challenger releases were r/t's. now lets all hope they blow our minds with some enhancement I the quality of the wheels ...etc. : )

Mitchell

Mitchell as you know, Greenlight not compensated our expectations in quality and we are still willing to get HW61 White Challnger by over $200 prices. Hope I get it sooner.

Edited by bofleon, 11 September 2015 - 12:33 AM.


#7 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:golf course
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:06 PM

I know this is an old thread but I just want to agree that we need more Highway 61 tooling to get used again! Cmon someone pick up those molds!

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image


#8 OFFLINE   Virtue

Virtue

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 672 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Sunstar Platinum, HW61, Autoart, ERTL,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostJosh, on 10 September 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

I know this is an old thread but I just want to agree that we need more Highway 61 tooling to get used again! Cmon someone pick up those molds!
Good news Josh, ACME has announced that they bought Highway 61 molds! Here is the official statement:

We are very excited about this as these are some quality molds that have been dormant for many years but still have plenty of potential.
This is quite an undertaking, considering the number of molds that HWY built, but we are up to the task. To avoid any QC issues, we are opening all the molds one by one and cleaning, restoring, polishing, etc… before we proceed with any production. We will also be making a complete change/upgrade to the packaging. Each release will come branded as an Acme model and will be packaged in a sealed box with a styrofoam clamshell, just like all other Acme models.
Please feel free to submit any ideas and thoughts for cars that you want to see done from these tools. With your input and Acme’s design touch; we know that this will breathe some fresh air into the hobby!
The first mold that we have opened and prepared for production is the 1970-71 Plymouth Cuda. We are pleased to inform you that Supercars will be doing a split color run of Ronnie Sox’s and Buddy Martin’s personal Cuda street cars. These cars will be arriving in early December.”

#9 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5222 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostVirtue, on 23 October 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

View PostJosh, on 10 September 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

I know this is an old thread but I just want to agree that we need more Highway 61 tooling to get used again! Cmon someone pick up those molds!
Good news Josh, ACME has announced that they bought Highway 61 molds!
Psst! Josh is the one who brought up this great news yesterday Posted Image

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18


#10 OFFLINE   Virtue

Virtue

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 672 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Sunstar Platinum, HW61, Autoart, ERTL,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

View Postschuifelhoofd, on 23 October 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

View PostVirtue, on 23 October 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

View PostJosh, on 10 September 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

I know this is an old thread but I just want to agree that we need more Highway 61 tooling to get used again! Cmon someone pick up those molds!
Good news Josh, ACME has announced that they bought Highway 61 molds!
Psst! Josh is the one who brought up this great news yesterday Posted Image
Oh, must have skipped Josh's tread; sorry Josh. But the point is the rebirth of HW61, that's worth to celebrate :occasion14:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.