What is your take on Pattos Place Decals? - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

What is your take on Pattos Place Decals?

10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bocadiecast

bocadiecast

• DX Community
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:1/18 Indy Cars and ALMS & Grand Am Sportscars & Prototypes
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Exoto, and Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I am looking to do a couple 1/18 scale conversions and I know Pattos Place has a ton of options.  My concern is years ago I ordered a set of 1/18 scale decals from Pattos and was not happy with the quality of the decals as they were quite blurry and faded.  I have read that he now uses different methods of printing and would like to know if anyone has used his decals recently.  Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32781 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Is that the seller who does the conversion decals for the Sauber C9 ?

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   bocadiecast

bocadiecast

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

He does have several decals for the C9s.  They are located in Australia and according to their website manufacture their own decals.  pattosplace.com

#4 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

From other collectors I have heard very positive reviews on his new method of printing decals but I've personally have never used them.

If you do order a set we would appreciate a review of them if you can  :hope:

#5 OFFLINE   bocadiecast

bocadiecast

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Absolutely, be more than happy to.  I am planning an Ericsson Ferrari 333SP and if I am pleased with the decals I would like to make the Ruby Tuesday Crawford Porsche.

#6 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5241 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Postbocadiecast, on 08 May 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Absolutely, be more than happy to.  I am planning an Ericsson Ferrari 333SP and if I am pleased with the decals I would like to make the Ruby Tuesday Crawford Porsche.

Are you going to use the Action Daytona Prototype Crawford as a donor, and if so, are you going to change out the engine, since all those models had a GM-based engine (either Pontiac or Chevrolet)?

I did a custom Crawford once, converting it to a fantasy Mopar version, and actually went through the effort of changing out the engine block and heads to a small block (340) Dodge Dart engine.

:occasion14:
Updated Collection Video

Thread Killer!

#7 OFFLINE   bocadiecast

bocadiecast

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

The decals arrived last week and what a DISAPPOINTMENT!!!  First they were sent in an enevelope without any cardboard so the decal sheet was bent and creaed to Hell.  Next, the decal sheet was NOT wrapped in anything other than the directions.  Needless to say the eveveope got wet and the direction sheet stuck to the decals.  Once I pealed the directions from the decals I saw the decals have no small details what so ever.  I've seen more detail on the graphics of small Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars.  I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM PATTOS PLACE AGAIN!!!

#8 OFFLINE   gurneyfan

gurneyfan

• DX Community
  • 35 posts
  • Favorite Brands:minichamps, autoart, joeuf

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

I've ordered from him about ten times. Sheet was a little bent once, but still perfectly useable. I particularly like the Peel and Stick decals. Whites are stronger over dark colors. Images are very crisp on all the ones I ordered.

Never had the water problem but I can see it could happen. Doesn't rain much in Australia I think. And don't get much wet mail myself.

#9 OFFLINE   mark

mark

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

bummer on the Pattos.  I've recommended this place to people before but only from what I've heard others say about them.  Have heard of several good reviews...

Mark

#10 OFFLINE   Porschephile

Porschephile

• DX Community
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Brands:exoyo

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Unfortunately my first experience with Patto's will certainly be my last.

I ordered a set of decals for the 1974 LeMans Porsche RSR 2.0 turbo, one of two he offers. I ordered on and received the other.

His solution was for me to return the sheet for a refund. The cost of postage due to his being in Australia was more than half the cost of the decals. He offered no break on the cost of the correct sheet, even though the error was on his part. It seems like he's used to being the only game in town. I wish I could get away with offering zero customer service and stay in business. I assume he has a day job that pays the bills.

The decals themselves were hardly what I expected. On the car, they looked like they were printed on a paper towel. The only way I can see that they might look
passable is if you dipped the car in Future. I would rather not have  model of a car than have one that looks terrible on my shelf.

I'll pay top dollar if I get top quality and not complain one bit. This was another matter altogether. I wouldn't want the decals I received on my car if they were free.

#11 OFFLINE   f1gdlmx

f1gdlmx

• DX Community
  • 21 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: mx

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Has very poor quality decals and scale (1/18) is not correct
NEVER I will buy more in Pattos

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.