1/18 GMP "mr gasket gasser" mustang ( problem )who has this model - GMP - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


1/18 GMP "mr gasket gasser" mustang ( problem )who has this model


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:newcastle
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

i received this model yesterday at a knockdown price of £50.absolute bargain you might say,ah but heres the catch i bought it knowing it was damaged.as you can see the wheelie bar for the rear is damaged as one of the eyelets is broken.a simple fix me thought but no.after reattaching the eyelet and then putting the eyelets over the hooks,i then tried to put the wheelie bar in place but it seems too short.am i missing something here or is this a very tight fit.im now wondering if the intial problem came from the person who i bought it from and them having to pull the wheelie back over the bumper to make i fit,thus in turn snapping the eyelet.any help would be appreciated.here the pics to show you of the problem i face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by prawny123, 03 June 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

    Die-cast Happy Clappy!

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford Haven
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

It looks to me as if the pins might be inserted into the rear bumper FIRST (thus taking up the extra length), then the retaining pin put through the eyelets and then rotated and fixed in position  to the underside of the car.....  :icon_scratch:

Brilliant add though Prawny, and it has been on my long term wish list ......along with the Mazmanian Vette..... :gaah:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image


#3 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:newcastle
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

no already tried that eddy.the bar is not long enough as the hooks the eyelets fit onto are shaped a different way.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:newcastle
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 02 June 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

It looks to me as if the pins might be inserted into the rear bumper FIRST (thus taking up the extra length), then the retaining pin put through the eyelets and then rotated and fixed in position  to the underside of the car.....  :icon_scratch:

Brilliant add though Prawny, and it has been on my long term wish list ......along with the Mazmanian Vette..... :gaah:
you cannot put the pins into bumper first.if you look on the picture the black hook is a different shape,you have to put the bar vertical then twist to get the hook inside the eyelet,but it does not give you any extra length on the bar,which is where i am struggling.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

    Die-cast Happy Clappy!

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford Haven
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postprawny123, on 02 June 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

View Postmairandeddy, on 02 June 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

It looks to me as if the pins might be inserted into the rear bumper FIRST (thus taking up the extra length), then the retaining pin put through the eyelets and then rotated and fixed in position  to the underside of the car.....  :icon_scratch:

Brilliant add though Prawny, and it has been on my long term wish list ......along with the Mazmanian Vette..... :gaah:
you cannot put the pins into bumper first.if you look on the picture the black hook is a different shape,you have to put the bar vertical then twist to get the hook inside the eyelet,but it does not give you any extra length on the bar,which is where i am struggling.

I understand that Prawny, about having to line up the slot in the eyelet with the 'flat' black 'hooks'.  What i'm asking is if the flat black hook is a fixed part of the chassis or can you remove that large flat red plate and rotate the black flat hook?
If so, then you could hook up the bumper, then insert the hooks into the eyelets, rotate the hooks so that the eyelets cannot come off, and secure the rotated hook under the red plate....

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image


#6 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:newcastle
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 02 June 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

View Postprawny123, on 02 June 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

View Postmairandeddy, on 02 June 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

It looks to me as if the pins might be inserted into the rear bumper FIRST (thus taking up the extra length), then the retaining pin put through the eyelets and then rotated and fixed in position  to the underside of the car.....  :icon_scratch:

Brilliant add though Prawny, and it has been on my long term wish list ......along with the Mazmanian Vette..... :gaah:
you cannot put the pins into bumper first.if you look on the picture the black hook is a different shape,you have to put the bar vertical then twist to get the hook inside the eyelet,but it does not give you any extra length on the bar,which is where i am struggling.

I understand that Prawny, about having to line up the slot in the eyelet with the 'flat' black 'hooks'.  What i'm asking is if the flat black hook is a fixed part of the chassis or can you remove that large flat red plate and rotate the black flat hook?
If so, then you could hook up the bumper, then insert the hooks into the eyelets, rotate the hooks so that the eyelets cannot come off, and secure the rotated hook under the red plate....
sry eddy.no you cannot rotate hooks they are in a fixed position,the red plate is also fixed.i cannot understand it at all.what we need is someone else who has the the to explain.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:newcastle
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

well ive now fixed this model but its not what iwould call 100%.it looks fine and a little chrome silver paint goes a long way.a nice stable mate for the precision minatures corvette.whoops sry eddy.  :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

    Die-cast Happy Clappy!

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford Haven
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

View Postprawny123, on 03 June 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

You're just rubbing it in now Prawny you evil man!! :gaah:  

Must say they DO look fab together.......not as good as they would on my shelf tho'!!! :mad2:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image


#9 OFFLINE   ravtoy

ravtoy

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2501 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Norev, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

very nice Prawny123, great color and model.  Glad you got it put back in shape.  Congrats on the add.

#10 OFFLINE   Skotch

Skotch

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1687 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Number of Models:Some
  • Favorite Brands:Mustangs
  • Proud Citizen of: pt

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Amazing Drags here!!!

 :hope:

#11 OFFLINE   Justvan Van

Justvan Van

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indonesia
  • Favorite Brands:Funny Carr
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

wow look like same.. I have one Gmp Mr gaskett..




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.