After a new paint job, where to get shields, crests, logos, etc ... - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


After a new paint job, where to get shields, crests, logos, etc ...


28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9778 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

I was wondering ... (maybe Raidou can answer this question) ... when you make a full paint custom job, all car logos, shield, name crest, etc, gets erase.


Is there a website where you can buy those to put back on the models?



For example, if I decide to repaint a 2010 Chevy Camaro, I loose the Chevy gold bowtie in front and on the trunk ... I lose the RS/SS logos and the chrome C A M A R O letters on each fender ... is there a place to buy those "decals" to put back on?  :icon_scratch:



I think that's the only problem that stop me from starting to make custom paint jobs ...

:gaah:

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 420,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Jeff, with your particular issue, I don't know about anyone who makes them in 1:18.
As for other emblems, this seller has quite a bit to offer. I use his emblems for my Ferrari builds. I am not associated in any way with him, but I have purchased many times from him, without a single issue so far.
And about Raidu's models I am pretty sure he had a friend that used to make custom photo etch for him, but no longer does.
If anyone is really good with computer graphics (I definitely only wished I was) you can purchase a photo etching kit and make your own parts from Micromark.com . I have seen some amazing things done with those kits, but it takes some experience.

#3 OFFLINE   bruinne

bruinne

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 545 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Go to google, type FREE chevrolet camaro VECTOR logo, or anything but always add free and vector logo word. There are two type of image, bitmap and vector. With vector, you can explode your logo to any size without blurring (or minimize it). Really help when you want to order to micromark or anyone that made anything that related to emblem or logo.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postbruinne, on 03 July 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Go to google, type FREE chevrolet camaro VECTOR logo, or anything but always add free and vector logo word. There are two type of image, bitmap and vector. With vector, you can explode your logo to any size without blurring (or minimize it). Really help when you want to order to micromark or anyone that made anything that related to emblem or logo.
thanks man. That is pretty usefull info. Micromark however don't do photoetch by order. They sell a whole kit, which you can use to make PE parts yourself. I actually have a brand new kit sitting in my garrage, but never got arround to design my own logo sheet and etch it. I bought it to make Zonda stuff, for my modified Motormax and Mondo models.

#5 OFFLINE   SFRC

SFRC

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Favorite Brands:all
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

I usually have them printed in silver or gold on waterslide decal paper.

Maarten



Flickr
 


#6 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

This is one of the main reasons why I haven't repainted my Kyosho Supra yet. It's got that "blistering" issue  :icon_bs: I would need new Toyota logos and "Supra" logos. Can't wait to see what we can dig up here.

#7 OFFLINE   John Fox

John Fox

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 16 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona
  • Favorite Brands:Any that make Jaguars
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Jeff,

John @ Custom Diecast here (sorry about the username FB screwed my username up and hopefully its getting fixed). I have never used Vector programs. I did buy and use the Photoetch program once. You can only use waterslide decals if you dont need to put the decal on a dark color car. I did perfect a way to replicate ANY emblem for ANY car over 10 years ago but  I dont sell decals plus that info went with my friend who has taken over CDR with my help. I will tell you in the case of the bowtie, white decal paper (not my secret) and search the internet for the best picture you can fine. Save it, resize it, print it on WHITE decal paper then trim it out and there ya go.

Mods please fix this for me so I can post like the lifetime member I am. TY

#8 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9778 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

First I'd like to thanks everyone for the replies ...



View Postmrm, on 03 July 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

As for other emblems, this seller has quite a bit to offer. I use his emblems for my Ferrari builds. I am not associated in any way with him, but I have purchased many times from him, without a single issue so far.
Hummmm .. which seller? You didn't mention who he is ... got a link to him, an email, a website?





View Postmrm, on 03 July 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

If anyone is really good with computer graphics (I definitely only wished I was) you can purchase a photo etching kit and make your own parts from Micromark.com . I have seen some amazing things done with those kits, but it takes some experience.
Yeah I saw the kit, but the instructions are like chinese to me ... and sadly, I'm a big zero with computer programs ...





View PostSFRC, on 04 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

I usually have them printed in silver or gold on waterslide decal paper.
I've tried that already but once I dipped the decals in water, all the colors on the decal film went away, all dissapeared!!!

Don't know what is the problem!





View PostJohn Fox, on 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

You can only use waterslide decals if you dont need to put the decal on a dark color car. I did perfect a way to replicate ANY emblem for ANY car over 10 years ago but I dont sell decals plus that info went with my friend who has taken over CDR with my help.
So why are you telling me this John??? :mad2: ... That's just bad teasing!  :lol:

"Heyyy ...  I got the solution to your problem, I know how I could help you but I can't and won't do anything to help you with it! " :gaah:  




View PostJohn Fox, on 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I will tell you in the case of the bowtie, white decal paper (not my secret) and search the internet for the best picture you can fine. Save it, resize it, print it on WHITE decal paper then trim it out and there ya go.


I know that would be the best thing to do but again, I've tried that already but once I dipped the decals in water, all the colors on the decal film went away, all dissapeared!!!

Don't know what is the problem!




 :bawling:

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 420,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image


#9 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

You have to always seal decals right after you print them. Once sealer dries you can dip them in water without problem.

#10 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9778 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I don't remember if I did that part, it was years ago ... thanks .... you forgot to tell me who was that seller you talked about?

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 420,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image


#11 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563

Sorry, I thought I posted it before

#12 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've been doing some research and found these guys:

http://www.diecastanddecals.com/

Has anyone on DX done business with them? I will email them now.

#13 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostAlex (SoFL), on 05 July 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I've been doing some research and found these guys:

http://www.diecastanddecals.com/

Has anyone on DX done business with them? I will email them now.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Never new about these guys. I should give them a buzz.

#14 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9778 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

GREAT LINKS GUYS!!!!

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 420,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image


#15 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Google is your friend :nice:

#16 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostCuda Jeff, on 05 July 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

GREAT LINKS GUYS!!!!

+10  :occasion14:

Hmmm... that link may come in handy with regards to a few unfinished project cars I have tucked away in storage. Thanks, Alex. I'm sure DXers will definitely find that link extremely useful!

But, to be honest, I have not heard of them before. I'll be curious to hear if anyone else here at DX has done business with the.  :hope:

#17 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I can vouch for Globaltoys. I have bought lots of his stuff and they are top quality. The latest was a sheet with the SV logos used for the pink Lambo.
I also have a couple of friends in Europe who also ordered bunch of things from him (mostly Mercedes Benz) without any issues.

#18 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

I've emailed www.diecastanddecals.com and will keep you guys posted on how things go. It would be great to restore my Supra to its original splendor. Maybe it's a little ridiculous for my first paint job to be a Kyosho Supra? What do you guys think? Should I attempt it? I have zero experience...

Edited by Alex (SoFL), 05 July 2012 - 03:43 PM.


#19 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostAlex (SoFL), on 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I've emailed these guys and will keep DX posted on how things go. It would be great to restore my Supra to its original splendor.

Kudos to you and Mike (mrm)! Thanks for the effort, guys!  :occasion14:

#20 OFFLINE   [email protected]

[email protected]

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Jeff......... man o man I sure wasnt trying to be mean. Bottom line is you need to spray some clear over the decal sheet after printing them  and when you soak them they colors will stay. Sounds like you got it covered so hopefully its all good and ya wont hate anymore, LMAO.

#21 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bristol
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

View Postmrm, on 05 July 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

I can vouch for Globaltoys. I have bought lots of his stuff and they are top quality. The latest was a sheet with the SV logos used for the pink Lambo.
I also have a couple of friends in Europe who also ordered bunch of things from him (mostly Mercedes Benz) without any issues.

I ordered and received of Global toys too, excellent service and they even threw in a freebie (not much use but the thought and effort were there.)

#22 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postjusali, on 06 July 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

View Postmrm, on 05 July 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

I can vouch for Globaltoys. I have bought lots of his stuff and they are top quality. The latest was a sheet with the SV logos used for the pink Lambo.
I also have a couple of friends in Europe who also ordered bunch of things from him (mostly Mercedes Benz) without any issues.

I ordered and received of Global toys too, excellent service and they even threw in a freebie (not much use but the thought and effort were there.)

Yes. I always order quite few sets to save on shipping and always receive something extra.

#23 OFFLINE   mark

mark

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1232 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostAlex (SoFL), on 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I've emailed www.diecastanddecals.com and will keep you guys posted on how things go. It would be great to restore my Supra to its original splendor. Maybe it's a little ridiculous for my first paint job to be a Kyosho Supra? What do you guys think? Should I attempt it? I have zero experience...

I guess it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.  I think I'd practice on a low-budget car or two to get the feel for the process and gain a little skill there before taking on the Supra.

Just my .02.

Mark

#24 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9778 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

View Post[email protected], on 05 July 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Jeff......... man o man I sure wasnt trying to be mean. Bottom line is you need to spray some clear over the decal sheet after printing them  and when you soak them they colors will stay. Sounds like you got it covered so hopefully its all good and ya wont hate anymore, LMAO.

I know John ... just teasing you buddy! I'll give it another try soon, maybe I didn't use the sealer, I don't remember ... thanks my friend!


View Postmark, on 06 July 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

View PostAlex (SoFL), on 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I've emailed www.diecastanddecals.com and will keep you guys posted on how things go. It would be great to restore my Supra to its original splendor. Maybe it's a little ridiculous for my first paint job to be a Kyosho Supra? What do you guys think? Should I attempt it? I have zero experience...

I guess it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.  I think I'd practice on a low-budget car or two to get the feel for the process and gain a little skill there before taking on the Supra.


I totally agree with Mark, I would get some experience before taking the chance to ruin a perfectly rare model !!

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 420,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image


#25 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostAlex (SoFL), on 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I've emailed www.diecastanddecals.com and will keep you guys posted on how things go. It would be great to restore my Supra to its original splendor. Maybe it's a little ridiculous for my first paint job to be a Kyosho Supra? What do you guys think? Should I attempt it? I have zero experience...

Ok, so I've followed up with these guys and they told me they will repaint my Kyosho Supra for about $120 plus shipping to them. This includes taking the car apart, repainting it, applying the decals and sending it back to me. I've been quite busy the last couple of weeks, so please excuse my late update. I will send the car to them after I get back from my vacation as I don't want to be unavailable while the project is in progress. This is a great option for DX members who have models suffering from the known "blistering" issue or would simply like their ice cream in a different flavor  :wavetowel2:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.