Why can't I find decals stateside? - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Why can't I find decals stateside?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:18 PM

Every time I search for decals, I almost always find some overseas, but never anything stateside (except for some tobacco F1 decals). I'm trying to convert a couple of the 333Sps I have to full race livery, and there isn't anyone in North America (that's searchable online) that seems to carry anything. I guess I'll go ahead and order some BBR decals from somewhere.  :ranting  :ranting

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:34 PM

Same here.  :ranting
Luciano

#3 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 399 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:54 PM

In reference to your 333SP, I believe that Louis:

DX Rocks

is your man. He has done the conversion before, and gave me the link to the company that provided the decals, but I can't find it right now. PM him, and he should be able to set you on the right path  :cheers  :cheers
Posted Image

#4 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:58 PM

I noticed the Momo car on his website before, actually.  I did fine this website Spot Model that carries the Momo, Scandia, and Lista decals for the 333SP. (They also have the 550GT Prodrive kit at a relatively decent price, too.) I'd still like to get them on this side of the pond, if I could, though.

#5 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

I know that he mentioned that there was more to be done to the car than the graphics....modifications to the headlights and other customizations were required to transform what I have as a base Hot Wheels 333 to what you want it to be. PM him and I'm sure that he will help in anyway possible  :cheers  :cheers

Attached Files

Posted Image

#6 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up. According to the pics I have, the air splitter/headlights need to be modified. The big kicker is the vents on the fenders, which car #3 doesn't have. The mirrors are also different. Here's another 333SP I'd like to do, rather than just a "plain" red one.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:17 PM

That is sweet.......if you do that one, please let us know how to replicate it  :cheers
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:03 PM

http://www.pattospla.../decalsf-o.html

It costs $12 delivered for 1 sheet and took 2 weeks to get to Ohio from Australia. They have 4 versions of the 333SP racing decals. You have to ask for the 1/18 versions.

#9 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:31 PM

Scott_S, on Feb 7 2004, 05:03 PM, said:

http://www.pattospla.../decalsf-o.html

It costs $12 delivered for 1 sheet and took 2 weeks to get to Ohio from Australia. They have 4 versions of the 333SP racing decals. You have to ask for the 1/18 versions.
Cool! Thanks a million! They've got a ton of useful stuff there!  :cheers  :cheers

#10 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:41 PM

Scott S...can ALL these decals be ordered in 1/18th?  If so, I see some sheets being oredered for a couple 69 T/A Mustangs and maybe a 550.

#11 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:47 PM

Blitz, on Feb 7 2004, 05:41 PM, said:

Scott S...can ALL these decals be ordered in 1/18th?  If so, I see some sheets being oredered for a couple 69 T/A Mustangs and maybe a 550.
According to the text on the page, all are also available in 1:18.

All the decals are now also available in 1/18 scale at twice the amount shown for the 1/24 decal (Australian Residents must add 10% GST). Please specify the scale when ordering.

#12 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

The owner of the site is quick to answer emails(at least within 24 hours given the time difference). Make sure you ask for the prices in USD, as the prices on the site are in Australian dollars.

#13 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:13 PM

Sweet!  Thanks guys.

#14 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:08 PM

I have yet to find a steady source of decals. I have a few projects that I need to finish but lack the proper decals to do so. :crying

#15 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

DiecastX, on Feb 7 2004, 07:08 PM, said:

I have yet to find a steady source of decals. I have a few projects that I need to finish but lack the proper decals to do so. :crying
This is beginning to sound mroe and more like a side business I should be starting. It gets frustrating not being able to find something which seems like it should be more readily available. To have to order from Spain/Australia/Mars is unacceptable!

#16 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:32 AM

I know you can get the Momo decal set from Replicarz but I am unsure about the others.
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

#17 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:37 AM

TifosiF1, on Feb 7 2004, 09:49 PM, said:

DiecastX, on Feb 7 2004, 07:08 PM, said:

This is beginning to sound mroe and more like a side business I should be starting. It gets frustrating not being able to find something which seems like it should be more readily available. To have to order from Spain/Australia/Mars is unacceptable!
I would be one of your repeat customers :happy

#18 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:13 PM

I bought some decal sheets today. I'll be attempting some carbon fibre patterns tomorrow. I'll work on that type of stuff first. Once I get what I feel is a good decal, I'll borrow someone's camera to get some quick pics. I'd gladly send some sheets out to some folks to try out.

Once I can post some pics (how long have I been saying that?), you can PM me for some free samples!  :cheers

#19 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:22 PM

I'll but some of the carbon fibre off you. I need a piece to cover the wing on a 996 GT2 :feedback

#20 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:27 PM

As soon as I get a quality pattern replicated, I'll let you know. I've got nothing better to do tomorrow.  :lol

#21 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:44 PM

Sounds good. :cheers

#22 Guest_TifosiF1_*

Guest_TifosiF1_*

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:27 PM

I finally come up with what appears to be a good pattern (I may need to mess around with scale a little bit), and what happens? My printer decides it's all outta black. Colored carbon fibre just doesn't have the same look. :lol

So tomorrow, I'll go grab a new cartridge and print away. I really wanted to apply these suckers tonight. Grr.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.