DiecastXchange Forum banner

Dave7872 - 1/18 Gulf Porsche GT3-R # 9 - Super GT 300 Series - Minichamps

276K views 2K replies 184 participants last post by  Floper54 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

OK i will start with the 1st model i bought that started it all off for me.

Dave.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well you've certainly got your photos sorted now Dave - thanks for sharing!!
Great collection, and I see you got your Miura!

#3 ·
Hi Eddy

Shame the pics are so big, Thats not the Miura i was after, that is A metro 1:24. but it looks good enough hey. I have more models, just didnt get round to taking pics of them all.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Very cool Dave, glad to see everything went well. It's always good to see a nice and varied collection. I had no idea that the Harrod's McLaren had a dedication to Ayrton Senna on it. That makes it even cooler (if that's possible).

Do you have a favorite theme/interest? Mine is Ferrari, then F1, then All others...
Are you a F1 fan as well?

#6 ·
Hi Tony

I have followed F1 for about 30 years now, My team is Williams, not too good these days, but they are getting there, Plus the drivers they have had in that team over the years in unbelievable, Mansell, prost, senna, etc.... But i always route for the Brits, Button and Hamilton.

Dont really have a theme on my collection. some mean a lot to me i.e 787, XJR9. Lancia Delta, cars i have grown up watching. I thought about adding my daughters peppa pig car. haha.. maybe one day.

Do you think the pics are too big?

#7 ·
There are some where you could probably take down a little bit, maybe crop out some of the white space around the models. This should make it a little faster for those on mobile devices or slower connections. I always like the larger pics for the engine details though. If you are interested we will be discussing the Bahrain GP live in the Sports Forum in 20 minutes.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Doublefox

Thanks for the comments, I think Williams would be a lot better if they had a world class driver.. Alonso, button, vettel, hamilton. but i cant see them leaving their own teams any time soon can you?

Checked out your Viper collection, very cool my friend.

Dave.

#11 ·
Nice collection Dave, hopefully we get to see more pics of your collection soon

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thought i would keep my thread in the spotlight,

Just added the HWE 458 GT2. Will add more pics to this thread from now on.

Also got plenty more not in this thread, but thought i would also add this GMP 1/18 McLaren M8A bought from our own Jersey Devil

Lots more added, But not got the pics in this thread... here's my new display set up,

More in storage some where in the Attic...

Dave.

#14 ·
Thanks Giamino, i am trying to keep it to racers at the moment, 1 more F1 car to go, then back to road cars.

#15 ·
Congratulations Dave & welcome to the 458GT2 Club lol, glad it finally got to you & in one piece (ok, technically 3 pieces lol). Great adds to the BigDave Portfolio & to your fantastic collection overall....Enjoy.

#17 ·
Or just start buying road cars again eh mate, been too busy with the racers.

#24 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

@Dan.. yes they are the "famous Ikea shelves"... Billy/Benno combination. £170.

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry for the late reply Guggga, the bikes are 1/18s mate, but have recently bought my 1st 1/12 version, Valentino Rossi Honda NSR500 2001.Minichamps for £10, i picked it up on a track day at Oulton Park race course, the guy must not of known it was worth more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.