Need help with finding out if IXO models any good? - 1:43 (and smaller) Brands - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


Need help with finding out if IXO models any good?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I just started looking into 1/43 recently and I have seen quite a few Maserati MC12 models by IXO online. Bbr do make the MC12 but they are very pricey.

The soecific MC12 i am looking at is the road car version - blue and white.

The IXOs look good online but I dont know how they are in person. I have searched quite a few threads here but still nothing in particular about the maserati model ive beenlooking at. Im writing this in hope that someone might have one of IXO's maserati MC12 and if you could let me know about the quality of the model like compare to HPI for instance.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions :)

Edited by blieu118, 08 January 2013 - 04:24 PM.


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   danjb1992

danjb1992

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:ONYX
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I like IXO models for rally cars, they are great little things. They have loads of decal detail and the interiors are good.

Not got any road or supercars by IXO, but would assume the maserarti will be "decent" for something like this. Depends how big your budget is too.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro, HPI, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Is it the MOC105 model?
Posted Image

Your best bet is to just search for images in Google. My experience is based on rally cars only so this may or may not apply in your case: recent IXO releases are nearly on par with Spark releases. Older IXO releases can be somewhat 'chunky' and not very detailed.
-- Douglas

#4 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postdbonser, on 08 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Is it the MOC105 model?
Posted Image

Your best bet is to just search for images in Google. My experience is based on rally cars only so this may or may not apply in your case: recent IXO releases are nearly on par with Spark releases. Older IXO releases can be somewhat 'chunky' and not very detailed.

Yes this one and here is another one without the stripe on the front hood and its cheaper than the one you listed. I am not sure if the stripe one is higher end but the quality looks the same fromthe pictures.

http://koenig.dtiblo...ate-201011.html

#5 OFFLINE   seppuku

seppuku

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2936 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bay Area, California
  • Interests:Eat, sleep, work, collecting 1/43, repeat....:)
  • Number of Models:179 as of 2/25/2018
  • Favorite Brands:Makeup/Eidolon, BBR, Tecnomodel, MR,
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I've read good reviews on them on other forums..

"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."

-lateapex


#6 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Actually, I just found this link with a very clear photo of the model. It does not look that good imo :/ so I think I'm gonna pass...until some good company gonna make a 1/18 of it...I don't know how long but oh well...
http://img.photobuck...ti/DSCF5773.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   KevinZA

KevinZA

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cape Town
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hot Wheels make an Elite and a 'non' Elite version in 1:18 .

Edited by KevinZA, 09 January 2013 - 02:30 AM.


#8 OFFLINE   Sanchez

Sanchez

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1742 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, CMC, Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: kz

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postblieu118, on 09 January 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Actually, I just found this link with a very clear photo of the model. It does not look that good imo :/ so I think I'm gonna pass...until some good company gonna make a 1/18 of it...I don't know how long but oh well...
http://img.photobuck...ti/DSCF5773.jpg

IMO it actually doesn't look that bad. Especially if you find a bargain. The thing is that the image on your screen is bigger than the actual model

#9 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostSanchez, on 09 January 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

View Postblieu118, on 09 January 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Actually, I just found this link with a very clear photo of the model. It does not look that good imo :/ so I think I'm gonna pass...until some good company gonna make a 1/18 of it...I don't know how long but oh well...
http://img.photobuck...ti/DSCF5773.jpg

IMO it actually doesn't look that bad. Especially if you find a bargain. The thing is that the image on your screen is bigger than the actual model

Yea you are right it actually looks better on my iphone screen than when i was viewing it from my computer screen lol.come to think about it even when I snap closer shots of my bbr or mr models, they dont look as good as in person. i think it worths to try it out. Is $30 a good bargain for this one?

I know Hot Wheels made the mc12 but just not so into Hot Wheels models...even if i found one the price would be too high for its level of details and quality...

Edited by blieu118, 09 January 2013 - 10:15 AM.


#10 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

In a nutshell, IXO is hit or miss depending upon the model. IXO does have a few gems to be had, but I would recommend Spark over IXO any day of the week.

#11 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostBiblitect, on 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

In a nutshell, IXO is hit or miss depending upon the model. IXO does have a few gems to be had, but I would recommend Spark over IXO any day of the week.

Speaking of spark, I want a 1/43 spyker c8 aileron...

#12 OFFLINE   utzelu

utzelu

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Cyprus

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I had the MC12 from IXO few years ago and I liked it. The quality of this particular model is pretty good, so I recommend it.

#13 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postblieu118, on 11 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

View PostBiblitect, on 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

In a nutshell, IXO is hit or miss depending upon the model. IXO does have a few gems to be had, but I would recommend Spark over IXO any day of the week.

Speaking of spark, I want a 1/43 spyker c8 aileron...

Go for it! I'm sure that you won't be disappointed one bit.  :wavetowel2:

#14 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postutzelu, on 28 January 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

I had the MC12 from IXO few years ago and I liked it. The quality of this particular model is pretty good, so I recommend it.

Thanks for the feedback. Thats good to know but now they sold out all of the pearl white ones on ebay lol. They were like around $20 a piece...

View PostBiblitect, on 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

View Postblieu118, on 11 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

View PostBiblitect, on 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

In a nutshell, IXO is hit or miss depending upon the model. IXO does have a few gems to be had, but I would recommend Spark over IXO any day of the week.

Speaking of spark, I want a 1/43 spyker c8 aileron...

Go for it! I'm sure that you won't be disappointed one bit.  :wavetowel2:

Thanks. Yea Spark make good quality models. Now I have quite a few 1/43s on my wish list: ixo mc12, hpi nsx type t - yellow, and the spyker aileron c8 by spark.

#15 OFFLINE   Batman

Batman

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 691 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Batman, Beatles and Bond! Wine, women and song!
  • Number of Models:Enough! Enough is enough... but never enough!
  • Favorite Brands:Lesney Matchbox, Hot Wheels (Redlines) and Corgi
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

I like IXO's models. I only have a few but they are all excellent! I have a black Ford Crown Victoria, NYPD Ford Crown Victoria, black 1948 Ford Deluxe, #9 Ford GT40 LeMans, red Mercedes-Benz 230 SL, white Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman Limousine and a black Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman Limousine (M-B Dealers version).

Be careful of models being auctioned on eBay claiming to be IXO models. If the cars are not pictured with their IXO boxes, they most likely are not. There are models that IXO may manufacture for less expensive brands like Altaya and others, but they are not very well detailed, have chunky windshield wipers and are of inferior quality compared to the IXO brand releases.

#16 OFFLINE   protzenegger

protzenegger

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
  • Interests:Design
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, MUC
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostBatman, on 18 October 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

There are models that IXO may manufacture for less expensive brands like Altaya and others...

This needs to be stressed.  Sellers do often label the models as IXO/Altaya as they should, but I feel like it's mostly to get traffic from folks looking for IXO branded models.  The models they make for IST are pretty good though.  Buyer beware, for sure.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.