acme oldsmobile pace car ( linda vaughn ) DISAPPOINTMENT - GMP - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

acme oldsmobile pace car ( linda vaughn ) DISAPPOINTMENT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   prawny123

prawny123

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1226 posts
  • Interests:diecast collecting.
    family
    muscle cars
  • Favorite Brands:gmp,lane ertl,highway61
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

well I recently received my first 1/18 for a couple of months.i had preordered this model some time ago and couldn't wait for it to arrive.well it came and boy am I disappointed.firstly there is a slight paint issue,but the real bug bear with this model is the hoods supplied.the convertible one does not fit into the locating holes and the hardtop is miles away from the windshield.also the stand which the figure comes on is broke as well,obviously I cannot blame them for that but the other things are unacceptable.i sometimes wonder who the hell is in the Q.C dept in their factory.are they blind or what.i have since contacted the supplier who I bought this model from asking them to check the other ones of these which they have and they have told me that theirs are the same.they have offered to discount the model to half price or I can choose another model.they are going to tell me which ones they have in stock,i possibly would have kept the olds but even at half price I feel somehow I have been cheated.i have not posted any pictures on mine as I am disappointed with the whole thing but here a stock pic of the one I purchased.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Wellzie 74

Wellzie 74

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3178 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving cars....Complete "Petrol Head"
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps, AUTOart, Kyosho, Highway 61, ERTL, Solido, Sunstar, GMP/ACME, Exotos, CMC's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Oh boy, sorry to hear that mate as I knew you've been waiting for this one for ages & this must really have got on your tits. Without mentioning names was it from TMM in uk as will keep an eye out for discounts on the stock if it is?

Hope you get something sorted out mate, nothing worse than waiting for ages then getting sub standard items. It's a shame as their models seem well made & detailed but their QC must be chuggin back the ole moonshine by the looks of it.

If you have photos can you pm me so I can see how bad it is, no worries if you don't.

The 3 most important things in life...

It's not how many models you have but how many of them you look at & smile.
Good Karma, what goes around eventually comes around.
Never fart in white chinos after spicy food.
Posted Image
As a wise man once said......"Pull my Finger".

#3 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1314 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Very sorry to hear. Hopefully you can find a acceptable resolution you can live with. Sure reminds me of the old GMP days.

Gilles

#4 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostDC4ME, on 05 April 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Very sorry to hear. Hopefully you can find a acceptable resolution you can live with. Sure reminds me of the old GMP days.

Sure sounds like it DC4ME....although it was really in the latter days IMO.... :twocents:    However their 'masterpieces' although extreme in detail, were also 'iffy' to say the least in many other respects....

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.