DiecastXchange Forum banner

Has anyone preordered the TSM Mclaren F1 LM XP1?

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  BobSalawalatski 
#1 ·
Hi there, as stated in the topic, has anyone preordered it?
I have done so but seems there's no news about the exact release date of it...
I talked to a local diecast shop owner and he said TSM is running late on all the models...
now it's slowly shipping the cars of catalogue 2012...or...even earlier??
and as this particular F1 is a diecast not resin, with opening parts it might take even longer...
Really can't wait to have it in my collection...
Though longing for it, I do have some hesitations...
From the preproduction pics the rims look a bit small, and there's no front spoiler, the thin black spoiler for aerodynamics i guess...
I wonder if that is the correct portraiture of the car? As I saw that most of the pics of the real thing has a front black spoiler...even from the official McLaren web...Also the rims look way darker and smaller...like Dark grey instead of metallic grey?...
making the whole stance a bit...strange? or unrealistic...

Btw, has anybody got any idea about TSM's quality? Have they released any diecast before or solely resin models? Any pics to share? Thanks a lot~!

Any input is welcome, thanks

Happy diecast collecting~!!

See less See more
#10 ·
I also pre-ordered the F1 Lm. I think TSM will make a good version of this car, but maybe the delay is due to correcting issues from the concept we saw last year. I agree that the rims look small and also the front side fenders where not as in the 1:1. So maybe they are into that before they release the final version. I think maybe in the nuremberg fair we'll see the final versions. Hopefully they correct also the melting wheels problem and the paint issues...

#12 ·
Re your question about have they made diecast, Yes they have, And if they keep making certain models that look like this. Then thats all good.

Great detail at very good prices.

Pics from the net.

#14 ·
If they can put any detail like that into the Mac F1, Maybe make the wheels removable, It will be epic. But as always you hear the reply from TSM on releasing their models............. 3 to 4 months!

#17 ·
It would be awesome if removable wheels became a trend for diecasts in the $200-$300 price range. I'm sure it can be done well (at least for single-lug cars), considering AUTOart's F1 Roadcar was in the lower half of that price range, and it had 8 moving body parts, a full and accurate luggage set, and even a working sun visor.

It would be awesome to see the (hopefully working) suspension components and have a better look at the brakes, and I'm sure anyone with a garage diorama would be thrilled as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.