DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came to Exoto's website and saw that they will soon release the Suber C9 Le Mans winner in 1/10 scale.

I was astonished by the price !! 1500$ !! :nutkick
I know that Exoto details are amazing but 1500 $ is a big amount of money...(and with a 1/10 in your collection you don't have anymore room to put the 1/18s...)

See what I mean here

Does anyone plan to buy this model ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they want to be "competitive". CMC's 1/12s are about that same price bracket and the Exotos are slightly larger :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they were first announced a couple of years ago they were listed at $998US. I guess that's inflation? :confused :help :shipwrecked :tease

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YIKES :scared :help
their 1st GT40 was $1000
i always wanted to have their Ferrari 330 P4 WHEN that EVER comes out
now i'm starting to wonder, that's a 50% price increase

and i already have a bunch of 1/12's and i plan to add more, so i doubt that i ever will buy one of these

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was lucky to have one of their last GT40s for $589. I thought it was expensive, but well worth it. $1000 for one of these now is a little too much in my opinion.

The Sauber is nice, but I don't think it's $1500 nice. I'll buy it at $900 +. Let's hope it doesn't sell well so Exoto will have to mark it down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be buying one..........................................when i win lotto. :giggle

Sorry $1,500US is way too much for me............. :help

:cheers

Timbo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well gentlemen: one person's hamburger is another person's steak-to each his own. I have both of the Exoto XCU Gt40s in my collection and I feel they are worth the price. I must admit I have gotten them at a preorder price, but even at the the current $998.00 I think the value is there. The fit and finish is near perfect, something that seems to be slipping away from other diecast manufacturers lately; but other than some hand polishing I could find no faults. These are truly museum pieces, now that I have these I find other cars in my collection less desireable and will be selling them, to focus in quality and not quantity. I'm looking forward to the MarkIV and Gulf livery versions-we should begin to se the former in production this year. :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AAR Gurney - What was the preorder price, if you don't mind my asking?

I would like to have the #2 Mk II, but I think I'll use the funds to get the 1967 Le Mans Winner, #1 instead. I would probably buy the Sauber too, but that's about it. I can't afford the new prices (for the 1:10s) anymore.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Getter3: I preordered from Exoto 2 years ago, with their catalog coupon, the delivered price was $655.00 in the US

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That's a great price, considering what they're going for now. Congrats AAR Gurney. There are very few of us here that have the 1:10s and you've got both! Good going. :cheers

A month or so back, Exoto marked the #1 Mk II down to $798 on eBay. Maybe they're do that with #2 later on (hopefully). I'd definitely pick one up at that price. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts