DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello to everyone! Yesterday my all-new Mercedes SLS AMG arrived in scale of 1/12 by Premium ClassiXXs!!! My 1st 1/12!! I have some shots of it (I'm not so good in photography but just enjoy!
) There we go

Tell me your opinion!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Looks great, and I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes I'm fully satisfied from this car! It's stunning! Because I'm not so experienced I'd like to know if these small (and minor) <<bubbles>> are normal for this price range? Also the disc brakes may tremble if you blow air on them. (I guess that this isn't a problem but this is how it's built)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's difficult to spot though. It may have and you maybe haven't spotted the them. Is this a problem, though? (serious?)

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
It's difficult to spot though. It may have and you maybe haven't spotted the them. Is this a problem, though? (serious?)
No mine does not any cause when I was waxing it I would have noticed it.....A problem a really don't know.It could just be from when they were painting it the spray gun just spit it on.....If it bothers you a lot see how hard it is to exchange it for another one,,,,

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't think that this is a reason to exchange it... and if I wanted , is it possible to do so for such a minor thing? And yes I agree with supercars there so many things that your eye can't catch easily (apart from the paint of course). So many things... as this car is full of parts and mechanisms

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to ask one more thing. I noticed that if I try to move it, the rear wheels don't spin easily ( I guess that this is done for display purposes as you don't want it to move around in your display case)

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
I'd like to ask one more thing. I noticed that if I try to move it, the rear wheels don't spin easily ( I guess that this is done for display purposes as you don't want it to move around in your display case)
Yes mine has a little resistance but I can still roll it quite easily.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what it does ;) Now I'm searching for a way to display it as I don't have a display case ( and I found that they're expensive, especially for 1/12s). I wanna find a cheaper way...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice!
But what about a cheap individual display case for only 1 car? (off-topic: I'm now thinking of unpacking my SLS again and inspecting it carefully... I don't know if these small paint bubbles are something important and if my dealer accepts to exchange, it'll take time and I maybe get one with another imperfection... so I don't think that I should exchange it.... Also nobody answered me if the calipers move if you blow air on them....)

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
Nice!
But what about a cheap individual display case for only 1 car? (off-topic: I'm now thinking of unpacking my SLS again and inspecting it carefully... I don't know if these small paint bubbles are something important and if my dealer accepts to exchange, it'll take time and I maybe get one with another imperfection... so I don't think that I should exchange it.... Also nobody answered me if the calipers move if you blow air on them....)
Exchanging it....well it depends if it bothers you a lot and yes you might get another one with some imperfections or a nearly perfect one and how difficult is it to exchange(local or mail).....Yes if I touch the brake disc it moves.I am sure on ebay or one of the sponsors here have a single 1/12 display

·
Registered
406 Posts
I forgot to mention that the trunk hood doesn't feel solid and it closes easily (I think because it doesn't have these bars and I don't know why they didn't use them for the trunk...)
Anyway I made an inspection on my SLS and here are my results of its imperfections

If you were me what would you do??? These are the imperfections for me plus the small bubbles but overall you must be perfectionist to be bothered of things like these (and I am :p) but the thing that I'm thinking is that this model belongs to a price range which doesn't forgive mistakes....
Forgot to mention that I cleaned a lot of marks of glue and some black things. I don't have a lot of experience and I don't know what should I do....

P.S If you've spotted any imperfection on your SLS post it here ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts