DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/12 Norev - Ford Mustang Bullit

Good model, made in metal, but nothing opens.

Interesting concept from Norev (sealed metal). Of course I prefer when it opens, but this is still a lot better than sealed resin models IMHO.

Hood Product Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Registered
Hello,

This car is iconic.
I saw one Norev 1/12th scale at an exhibition and was very close to buying it... just because it's the Bullit car and I think Norev researched the movie car quite well.
I researched the Bullit Mustangs to upgrade my AutoArt 1/18th model, and I think Norev dit a very serious job (only I am not sure the GT logos were on the front fenders)
I also loved the satin finish and stance of the model.
I just managed to set my mind up and finally refrained - because I want my large scale models (starting with 1/18th scale) to be opening all around.
But the Bullit was very close to being the exception.

Cheers

Eric B.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for Sharing this. Yes its great but i am not even sure if There actually is an engine inside. And the paint is "mat" or satin. I am not sure if this is correct. Other than that great job from Norev !

Registered
Thanks for Sharing this. Yes its great but i am not even sure if There actually is an engine inside. And the paint is "mat" or satin. I am not sure if this is correct. Other than that great job from Norev !
There is very little inside the model as a whole.
I know this because as you suggest, it's not supposed to be a dull paint finish (unless it's a weak attempt at replicating the 'barn find').
I decided to paint mine the correct original gloss colour, and not only is it almost empty inside - it breaks into two halves!
I had hoped Norev would use the front half and combine it with a new notchback rear section to offer the possibility of a TransAm version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts