DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh from watching the 16th round of MotoGP, Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, I bought these latest 2011 1/18 collection of Maisto:

Marlboro Ducati Team: Valentino Rossi 46, Nicky Hayden 69
Factory Yamaha Team: Jorge Lorenzo 1, Ben Spies 11

In memory of Marco Simoncelli, I also bought 2008-2009 San Carlo Honda Gresini bikes. But no release yet from Maisto of the team's 2010 and 2011 models. Hope they would launch one soon.

I also had a picture with Marco Simonncelli an hour ago before he left us all. He will be missed. Thank you Marco for letting me meet you and talk to you before you ride to the heaven.

#CiaoMarco SuperSic 58

TFL,
guccizialcita

·
Registered
77 Posts
where did you find these?? they dont seem to be available anywhere here in the US... we used to get EVERY ONE of the motogp bikes on the store shelves of a few different places, now NO ONE sells them and you can barely find the street bikes anymore too.. i had to get the that rossi bike from a cousin that went to italy!! he actually bought me 3 of them.. one for the display case, 2 for the vault!! lol... would LOVEEEEEE to get my hands on the yamaha team bikes... ben spies is my boy! i would pass out cold on the floor if i ever heard rumors of maisto (or anyone) making the 50th anniversary bikes in the red/white livery... THAT would be sick!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where did you find these?? they dont seem to be available anywhere here in the US... we used to get EVERY ONE of the motogp bikes on the store shelves of a few different places, now NO ONE sells them and you can barely find the street bikes anymore too.. i had to get the that rossi bike from a cousin that went to italy!! he actually bought me 3 of them.. one for the display case, 2 for the vault!! lol... would LOVEEEEEE to get my hands on the yamaha team bikes... ben spies is my boy! i would pass out cold on the floor if i ever heard rumors of maisto (or anyone) making the 50th anniversary bikes in the red/white livery... THAT would be sick!
I bought some of them in Malaysia and some in Singapore. Hope you would get yours soon mate, the quality is fantastic and I'm impressed of the details as the Ducatis are slim in right proportions and the fluoroscent red is same as the real bikes. I would also love to have the Yamaha's 50th Anniversary white/red livery, and I do hope that Maisto would release 2011 Repsol Hondas and Gresini bikes in honour of Marco Simonchelli...

#CiaoMarco 58

·
Registered
224 Posts
First, those are very nice, thanks for posting pics!

Secondly, I too have not seen hide nor hair of any of these here in the States. I was in Korea a few weeks ago but didn't see any toy stores or anyplace else that might carry them. I don't get to Europe like I used to but it is a shame that they aren't available like they were here. I am caught up to last year, but I think these are going to be a challenge!

Thirdly, I am a little disappointed that Maisto is only offering two teams. Where's the Repsol Honda squad? With all the teams running there year, you'd think there would be more done.

Lastly, RIP Marco. The sport will never be the same without you!

Spec

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
I really hope someone brings out Super Sic's 2011 Gresini Honda because i'm looking to get that model too. NewRay made the 2010 Gresini Honda bikes but i've no idea what the detail is like in comparison to the Maisto bikes. I assume the Maisto bikes are better.

I'm still affected by Simoncelli's death too, I wanted to see him World Champion.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great pics! I have lots of catching up to do with my Maisto MotoGP bikes. I'm also sad to hear that they are hard to find here in the US.

I'm glad you were fortunate to meet and take a picture of Marco before he passed.

Ciao e grazie, Marco!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any news that maisto would release 2011 Respol Honda?
How about 2011 Gresini Honda....
There are no news yet on any of the 2011 Repsol Honda; and the 2010 and 2011 Gresini Honda bikes.

Although Maisto claimed they the released this November a 1:18 BMW S1000RR

·
Registered
729 Posts
I too am still shocked by Marco's death, but we'll never forget him that's for sure.

But those are some nice models, I hope they make a retro Yamaha one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any news that maisto would release 2011 Respol Honda?
How about 2011 Gresini Honda....
There are no news yet on any of the 2011 Repsol Honda; and the 2010 and 2011 Gresini Honda bikes.

[/quote]
This would be sad.
I like the gresini honda livery since 2010 and 2011

·
Registered
27 Posts

Found this on Maisto's site:

"For the Repsol bikes you're in luck.
2010 Honda RC212V Repsol: #31575 (choose Dani Pedrosa or Andrea Dovizioso)
2011 Honda RC212V Repsol: #31184 (choose Dani Pedrosa or Andrea Dovizioso)

Sorry but we won't be making the Honda Gresini Team bikes."

http://www.maisto.co...part-1&catid=20

No idea if this is official or not but it sounds like they wont be releasing the 2011 Gresini bikes which would be a shame...and only Dovi and Pedrosa Repsol bikes. No stoner?

·
Registered
31 Posts

Found this on Maisto's site:

"For the Repsol bikes you're in luck.
2010 Honda RC212V Repsol: #31575 (choose Dani Pedrosa or Andrea Dovizioso)
2011 Honda RC212V Repsol: #31184 (choose Dani Pedrosa or Andrea Dovizioso)

Sorry but we won't be making the Honda Gresini Team bikes."

http://www.maisto.co...part-1&catid=20

No idea if this is official or not but it sounds like they wont be releasing the 2011 Gresini bikes which would be a shame...and only Dovi and Pedrosa Repsol bikes. No stoner?

[/quote]
No stoner???
HOW come O.0

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote/]
No stoner???
HOW come O.0
[/quote]

Idk.
I was really hoping Maisto would make the Gresini bikes also. Would be nice to have Simoncelli/Aoyama bikes for the collection!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Impressive collection guccizialcita! They look great together - thanks for posting all the pics for us!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Very nice! I need to get these in my collection, and quick!!! Great pics!

Sean

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ guccizialcita - That's a nice collection you have., I just started with my collection some 4 months back and will soon post some pics of mine. BTW, i'll be in singapore/malaysia for a vacation on June'12, Could you please help in giving me the exact conatact of the place/shop from where u purchased them. Plz, help me out, i'm badly in need of them. TIA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote/]
No stoner???
HOW come O.0
Idk.
I was really hoping Maisto would make the Gresini bikes also. Would be nice to have Simoncelli/Aoyama bikes for the collection!
[/quote]

Thanks guys!
I do hope that they would make it up with some of the missing collections...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tnx a lot Gucci. I'm sure this shud help and hope there's no disappointment due to run out of stock, when Im there. Attaching a few pics from my collection (not great pics though, just my phone cam)

View media item 13419View media item 13418
P.S - I'm envious after seeing ur Rossi collection, cuz me too a VALE fan. Love to have one such collection.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts