DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
So, with the 4th of July around the corner, I thought that I would do a Modern Muscle/Pony Cars post here on DX. Since my best friend sent me this model, I thought that I would do him the honor of taking some water side photos!

Since you guys have seen my 2016 AW Camaro review, I will spare a long drawn out review with the exception of changes between 2016 & the 2017 models.
Fist off the NICE from chin spoiler and the wheels, then the smoked out tail lights and the well done Indy Car graphics really set this model off.

Just for fun, I took along some other modern muscle/pony cars.

So, Happy Pre-Fourth of July!

Begin...

2017 Chevy Camaro SS Indy Pace Car...

Opened Up!

Details...

2016 vs. 2017 Chevy Camaro SS..

2016 has yellow lines in the rear window and the 2017 has orange?
I wonder was that a real change between the two 1/1s this year?

I hope that you've enjoyed this posting as much as I had fun making it!!

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great pics David....It looks like they did a pretty good job on the model
Hey Gary (Ironically, you have the same first name as my best friend) Thank You!
..I really love these AW/Tomy Camaros!! Too bad that AW didn't ask Tomy to help with their 2015 Mustangs
I had fun with this one and felling a bit better these days!! CHEERS!

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
i like those wheels a lot. im already tempted to get the red Camaro, but i dont think the wheels on it looks half as good as the wheels on the white one.

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like those wheels a lot. im already tempted to get the red Camaro, but i dont think the wheels on it looks half as good as the wheels on the white one.
Thanks Alex!
I like the white one's wheels better.. grey Fifty version is coming soon with the same wheels and front chin spoiler
I also love my Red one's wheels, so I had to have both, but maybe that turns into three when the Grey one comes out!

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David us Gary's are good people
I hope some will do a 2018 ZL1 1LE version....that car is a beast
LOL!! So True Gary! So True!!
Well, You and Me both buddy on the 1LE ZL1.. my best friend is a GM designer and he almost got a 1/1, but got the Caddy ATS-V instead and he told me that he just blew the doors off of a ZL1 1LE two weeks ago
I'd honestly have either in our garage!!!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
The waterside photos are absolutely stunning! I kinda want this Camaro now since I ammvery biased toward white cars. The wheel choice on the Camaro is perfect! Thanks for posting this Dave

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The waterside photos are absolutely stunning! I kinda want this Camaro now since I ammvery biased toward white cars. The wheel choice on the Camaro is perfect! Thanks for posting this Dave
Thanks Stefanus!!
Man, this model is really you! I kinda' want two, so that I can do one with no graphics and just pearl white!!
..I think that I will also buy the Grey one too as it is basically the same model!! CHEERS buddy!

·
Super Moderator
5,495 Posts
David on a road course the Caddy wouldn't have a chance.On the Nordschleife circuit at the Nürburgring the ZL1 1LE did a blistering 7:16 and other fast cars such as the Enzo did a 7:25.21, a Ferrari 488 GTB did a 7:21.63, and a Porsche GT2 RS did a 7:18.00....not bad for a Camaro
....You can have the Caddy ATS-V for the weekdays and the ZL1 1LE for the weekends

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
Thanks Alex!
I like the white one's wheels better.. grey Fifty version is coming soon with the same wheels and front chin spoiler
I also love my Red one's wheels, so I had to have both, but maybe that turns into three when the Grey one comes out!

[/quote]
i think the chin spoiler makes the front look at bit too tall. but maybe if it was black, i would like it better. also i do like the black/red stripes to the white exterior. on ther other hand, the racing/anniversary graphics is not my cup of tea. but i could remove that if i got one. agh, now im getting ideas. maybe get both, but im trying to save money :)

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Alex!

[/quote]
i think the chin spoiler makes the front look at bit too tall. but maybe if it was black, i would like it better. also i do like the black/red stripes to the white exterior. on ther other hand, the racing/anniversary graphics is not my cup of tea. but i could remove that if i got one. agh, now im getting ideas. maybe get both, but im trying to save money :)
[/quote]LOL!!!! We're on my facebook account talking about that right now.. Heck, one of my friends actually did this 1/1 car and my buddy that sent me the model works with him. Should've had him sign the box!..but he didn't ask him
That said, I was just saying on facebook (some DXers are my friends there too) that I should buy another and just make it white, but I will probably also buy grey too as it's the same model

·
Registered
341 Posts
Great pics....well done!! I also have this model and it looks great for the price!! I'm definitely going to get the grey 50th once it comes out.

Keep up the good work with those pics!! 👍🏻😀

·
Super Moderator
12,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great pics....well done!! I also have this model and it looks great for the price!! I'm definitely going to get the grey 50th once it comes out.

Keep up the good work with those pics!! ������
Thanks Classyceta!!
Wow, your comment really made me feel like it was worth while!!
I have more MUSCLE coming soon!!
I'm glad that you like the pics!!
It was so much fun!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts