DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
For almost two years every week, I asked my friend/dealer in China "when was the 1/18 Volvo S60 models coming?". He wasn't sure if that one would actually come was the answer. Fast forward to late July/early Aug 2020 and "BOOM!!!" two versions of the S60 the model were released. Here I am showing the R-Design trim (Sport package) and I will be getting the beige/gold Inscription trim line from my friend.
However, it seems like some of the first 1/18th scale releases were early samples from the factory that Volvo themselves rejected, so I waited and finally revised versions were recently released.

The S60 is one of, if not the best looking Volvo sedans ever IMO. It's got a nice dash to axle proportion like a proper RWD salon. Design wise, color me impressed! I was so enthusiastic about the S60, that I thought instead of an SUV/Crossover, we should have replaced our Citroënwith one. However, the SUV/Crossover won as we already have a sedan.

So, when it comes to the models, the one here is the S60 R-Design package. The R-Design is a sportier model that sits lower and has a more aggressive front facia/wheels and blacked out front grille & trim. I really like it, but I also love the chromed trimmed Inscription package (Especially the front grille).

For the model, the first thing that really makes an impression on me is the AMAZING Fusion Red Metallic paint! My images doesn't even capture the depth and richness in paint that the model possesses due to overall lighting/environment. Next is the weight, it's a heavy little beast, this diecast. It really feels quality, even with dogleg hood/bonnet hinges.
The model is a fully opening example with all of the obligatory working features that models diecast dealer edition models from China usually dons. That said, folding mirrors, sliding seats, working suspension, carpeted interior plus trunk/boot, highly detailed motor area with labelled really deep engine bay (which is really rare these days). Nice details such as perforated front upper and lower grilles, highly detailed intricate front and rear lights, working suspension and exhaust system. Overall the interior is good, but the steering wheel should have been painted versus molded in color as it's too translucent, which is a weak link there. This steering wheel is the same with ALL of my CSM Volvo models. Other than that, I am really satisfied with the interior.

The weak points on this model (as with my S90)is, that CSM NEVER gives enough space in the front wheel wells to fully rotate from left to right in order to pose the wheels in multiple directions. Next the shut-lines around the left rear lights at my trunk/boot are a bit wider than on the right side.
That's about all that I can complain about here.

Overall, it's a good model of a very hot car in fully opening 1/18th true scale diecast. I highly recommend it. Now, I'm even more excited about getting the beige/gold Inscription version. Cheers!

Begin...

Opened Up!...

Totally Recommended!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Congrats on the long-awaited addition!!

Other than the slightly uneven gaps on the trunk, the panel gaps looks much better than what the online pics are showing. And normally I'm not crazy about red sedans but it really works here on the red R-design! And unlike the 1:18 S90, the wheels are properly sized.
Truly a great value here and very cool subject matter!

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the long-awaited addition!!

Other than the slightly uneven gaps on the trunk, the panel gaps looks much better than what the online pics are showing. And normally I'm not crazy about red sedans but it really works here on the red R-design! And unlike the 1:18 S90, the wheels are properly sized.
Truly a great value here and very cool subject matter!
Thanks Stefanus!

Yeah, I was so relieved when the S60 models were released a big "Whew!" ..because, I was thinking that after so long, that they would never come. I was a bit disappointed with the first sample pics online..let's be honest here, they were terrible
Then the revised ones were released and i was okay with those, so I ordered red initially to see if the quality was truly better after Domino sent me shots of his. Stefanus, I too wasn't thrilled about a red sedan, but WOW, the color here is GORGEOUS! It's actually a darker Metallic red, my photo lighting and background makes it look like a lighter red). When it was that's when Andy got in beige/Gold, so I will get one of those from him as well.

Yeah, the trunk gap on the left side bugs me, but I can get over it when I look at the rest of the model. That said, I can not get over the front wheel wells being too tight as to where we can't rotate from left to right!
I want to fully cut my wheels in both directs hard for photos! That said, I feel like this R-Design could be lowered a wee bit, it sits like the Inscription line (Normal ride height) I can probably fix that..but yeah, FINALLY these wheels are to scale, whereas the S90's were. Too bad that I didn't get to pull out my older S60 before shooting these to do a piece side by side...I just had seen it in storage too!

Thanks Stefanus, so worth the add my friend! CHEERS!

So, I attached my out of the box shot here, so that you could see what it looks like without my photo rigging lights and environment!

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on adding it. These cars are really nice (1:1) and this model seems to capture their quirkiness well.
Thanks!
yes, I am a HUGE fan of the 1/1 and am so happy that a 1/18th was finally released..um, two versions of the 1/1 packages were released. I love it's looks, model's alike! Cheers!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Such a great looking car (as are all modern Volvos IMO)! Looking forward to seeing the Inscription version alongside this one.....

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Such a great looking car (as are all modern Volvos IMO)! Looking forward to seeing the Inscription version alongside this one.....
Hey Chaim, Thanks!

Volvo and Mazda seem to be the most constant with carrying a great looking design across the entire range of their products!!..and Volvo goes further, they make a great looking Semi-Tractor Truck(Which would be nice if NZG would make)

Me too, as soon as I get my Inscription model I will pair them.
I also need to pull the older one out of storage for that shoot as well! CHEERS!

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good review David, thanks a lot for share!

I'll order one of these S60 after your review
Thanks Carlos!

I can totally see one in your collection!!
Glad that my little review helped you to see this one in your own collection!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CSM are very impressive models for the money and your new acquisition is a handsome model! Do you have any comparison pictures with other Volvos in your collection?
Thanks!
No, unfortunately I didn't pull out my last generation S60.
However, I will be getting the 2nd version of the new S60, so I hope to get to my storage and pull out the previous generation to place along side it. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello D N'D-Land,
where can i buy this?
I bought a red T5 (1:1) at te beginning of 2020 and would like to have this model.
I bought mine from my main online dealer/friend called "Car Models World Store" You can find him on Aliexpress or Ebay. Cheers! 😊

1 - 15 of 15 Posts