DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geely is now the parent company of Volvo as well as the namesake brand of Geely along with Lynk & Co. That said, basically those three brands share platforms/motors and some universal parts, for example side mirrors between the Link & Co 03 and Volvo's S60/V60 Mid-sizers. Geely's handsome "Preface" really has strong "echoes" of Volvo's current design language, especially up front...whereas; Lynk & Co's 03+ reminds me a bit of Sweden's former Saab mixed in with Kia's Stinger GT/now last gen Sportage with some hints of Porsche Cayenne/Macan upfront. The Lynk & Co 03+ itself in profile reminds me of a take on Saab's 9-3 Sedan for some reason, but move upfront and it has a strong last gen Kia Sportage/Porsche-like feeling. It's really in your face polarizing design. I suspect that most will have a love it or hate it feeling depending on their initial visual vibes. Overall, you cannot say that these two are Volvo clones. They each bring a different visual character to the table.

I've been sitting on these two models since just before summer 2021. The Lynk & Co 03+ was a special order from my friend in China, who normally doesn't stock this model due to it coming in an acrylic display case (which for obvious reasons aren't the best way to ship items globally. So, I'm grateful that he got me this model as well as another which came in a similar style case (in an upcoming review). However, I was happy to find out that one of my oldest friends whom I attended college and worked at the same company with had helped to design Lynk & Co vehicles. He was with Volvo, but transferred over to the Lynk & Co Design team. So, it was a must have for me based on that link as well.

I like "different" yet common "Everyday" models in my collection. Plus, I feel that the typical "toys" as far as model cars go are fine, but diversity and variety is important to me. I don't only want Hyper and Supercars in my model car collection. So these CDM models are really right up my alley. You have to say that China is not playing, even on the "play front" of miniature collector's desires. If only Western companies were this serious about promoting their products, we'd all be in best collectors world with advancements in collecting.

Pick Your Flavor (Different takes on a CMA common developed platform)......
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

This Lynk & Co 03+ model is absolutely "kitted out" looks wise. Massive two-toned wheels with metal brake rotors sitting just behind them, carbon-fiber finished ground effects/spoilers/diffusers with massive quad exhaust pipes etc.. Sporty intentions are very well pronounced here. The model itself is hyper-detailed, graphic patterned seating surfaces/dash and door panels. The seats themselves are spot-on and accented well materials changes wise, even on the backsides. Even the Swedish-like "tags" (that you'll find throughout Volvo interiors) are represented here in gold/yellow colored fabric threads. The overall interior is very realistically detailed to scale. Also, the door panels have great looking speaker grilles and all infotainment buttons/switches/air-vents are very well replicated on the IP as well. Under-hood/bonnet is all tidy with shrouds and fluid containers covering mechanicals. Turn the model over and the chassis is a work of art itself. All black metal, with working suspension multi-colored drivetrain and exhaust parts. Exterior wise, the paint finish on my example is flawless in it's two-toned black roof (with opening panoramic sunroof) over golden-rod-yellow body with front upper and lower perforated grilles. Intricately modeled lighting both front and rear are just so well detailed. Photo-etched details finish off the look. Someone better at shooting pics, could probably do a better job of making it look almost real with greater lighting and a really good camera. This model is a treat, if you can get your hands on one!

Lynk & Co 03+......
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Grille
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Vehicle Steering wheel Motor vehicle
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire
Automotive design Auto part Engineering Machine Office equipment

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This Geely Preface is finished in a beautiful sky-blue metallic with a refreshing multi-colored interior which has a nautical feel. It all looks so well in color packaged sense with strong Volvo-esque family identity. It's a really handsome car and the model represents the 1/1 very well. Great job on Geely for making this their debut color, you can tell that a wealth of knowledge was applied to this overall color & trim presentation for auto-show and production. This model doesn't miss a single beat at all. Once you get past the strikingly beautiful appearance, you are pleasantly surprised with a heavy weight of a model. I LOVE IT! This thing is heavy metal, no resin here folks. Even the chassis is diecast with highly detailed features and working suspension. Luckily, this model is a fully opening 360 degree access body (including opening panoramic sunroof). All front grilles are perforated, lighting both front and rear are realistic and P.E. badging really takes this model up to another level. Wheels with metal brake rotors and red calipers really set off a premium-sporty look exterior wise. Seriously, this model is a top spec'd specimen of the diecast metal variety. You really have to look at the interior, it's a feast for your eyes! The high-contrast dual colored grey seats really stand out and look good in these applications as well as matching door card panels. Then the medium nautical blues on the center console/IP dashboard really tie in well with the sky-blue metallic exterior. It just all really works well together. Lastly, the motor detailing here is spot on, it's got a similar power unit as my Volvo S60 T5R Sedan/Lynk & Co 03+ under its hood. The motor here is even better detailed than my actual Volvo S60. It's all done really well. Whichever company which has done this model, should do their own mainstream models, because at under $100 USD, anyone else would be at $250 for this level of detail is AMAZING. It's so worth adding, especially if you are into Swedes or CDM model cars, especially since Geely is now the parent company of Volvo.
For my 2020 Volvo S60 T5 R-Design review, please click this link here: 1/18 2020 Volvo S60 T5 R-Design (Dealer Edition)...by CSM

1/18 Geely Preface.......
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Tire Grille
Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Opened Up/Details........
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Hood
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper Gas

Cheers!馃

Premium Member
Oh Dave, now this is something cool. The Lincoln Co is a car I really like the looks of. I also liked seeing it race in WTRC, and doing well. I would definitely prefer the Swedish blue over the yellow, but that color really POPS. I am going to have to look into this model. Very cool Dave!

• Love
Reactions: D N'D-Land

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those metallic jewel-toned colors are fantastic! I also like cars that are "different" and have a wide variety of types and years in my collection. (I've only been in the hobby for 14 months.)
Thanks Steven! Wow, only 14 months!! Please send me a link to your collection! I am curious as to what recent collectors are into these days! Sounds like we have some similar tastes as well 馃槉

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Dave, now this is something cool. The Lincoln Co is a car I really like the looks of. I also liked seeing it race in WTRC, and doing well. I would definitely prefer the Swedish blue over the yellow, but that color really POPS. I am going to have to look into this model. Very cool Dave!
Hey Jonathan!! Glad to hear you chime in on this one my friend!! 馃槉 I have seen a blue race prepped 03+ on google and it was WIDE & LOW! Again, this car still really reminds me of a "Saab What If" type car. I will tell you this, ask Andy Xu if he can get you this one as well. He didn't want to, because the acrylic display case could crack with international shipping, but I am so glad that he did with DHL Shipping!! The c
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

ase is the box itself, but if you get one, I feel like you will appreciate it in your collection!!馃

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need a Polestar 1 to round out the collection

the sunroof on the Geely is neat
Oh yeah!! I totally agree! Someone in China needs to make 1/18th scale diecast Polestars!!馃弫馃槉馃

Registered
I really love the design of the 03+! It's surely a head turner, in a good way! It's very unique and the metallic yellow just add mode visual punch.
Dodge Charger -ish front fascia
(although the lights kinda reminded me of an Aztek)
Saab -ish side profile
Volvo -ish rear end.
BUT they all work together nicely!

The Geely preface is a lot more conservative but it will be one of the car that's timeless.

Love the photos you have Dave!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really love the design of the 03+! It's surely a head turner, in a good way! It's very unique and the metallic yellow just add mode visual punch.
Dodge Charger -ish front fascia
(although the lights kinda reminded me of an Aztek)
Saab -ish side profile
Volvo -ish rear end.
BUT they all work together nicely!

The Geely preface is a lot more conservative but it will be one of the car that's timeless.

Love the photos you have Dave!
Spot on Stefanus!!! The Charger, I was missing that POV, but I see it as well as Challenger. The Aztek pat, you have to elaborate a bit on explaining that find out to me my friend馃槉

Agree, the Preface will be the graceful over time one out of these two, might even out grace teh Volvo S60 too?:unsure:
Thanks for Chiming in! I'm always glad to hear your POV or read one of your posts as well! Cheers!!馃

Registered
Spot on Stefanus!!! The Charger, I was missing that POV, but I see it as well as Challenger. The Aztek pat, you have to elaborate a bit on explaining that find out to me my friend馃槉

Agree, the Preface will be the graceful over time one out of these two, might even out grace teh Volvo S60 too?:unsure:
Thanks for Chiming in! I'm always glad to hear your POV or read one of your posts as well! Cheers!!馃
The lights on the front fenders somehow reminded me of Aztek 馃槂

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The lights on the front fenders somehow reminded me of Aztek 馃槂
LOL!! Really, the Aztek Stefanus?...LOL!!馃槀 I am trying, but I just can't see that...LOL for me it gives a totally Kia Sportage or Porsche Macan Vibe...:unsure: However, to each his/her own as to how they see things in life. Variety, the spice of it, life!馃槉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts