DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 2-month delay (due to a shipping error and Customs), I have finally got around to shooting my KengFai Audi RS7s. The wait was well worth it, because KengFai didn't miss a beat. A year prior, I received a pair of highly detailed exact same color 1/64th scale versions of the current gen Audi RS7s from KengFai. That was a very strong clue that KengFai would soon be releasing the same cars in larger scales. Just like clockwork, in 2022, the 1/18ths also appeared.

Wow, where can I start? Phenomenal, outstanding, unbelievably detailed and intricate. Those are a few descriptors I am using to describe my feelings of these two directly after unboxing and looking at both the Nardograu & Tangotrot RS7s which I received.
These two models are fully opening and so highly detailed, that it's absolutely astonishing as to how KengFai could hide that the models have so many opening/working features. I mean, this model is "loaded" with surprising functional features such as opening fuel door/deployable rear spoiler/sliding front seats, I think folding rear seats (forgot to shoot that)/folding side mirrors/removable engine cover with fully detailed motor underneath/working suspension/rotating drilled metal brake rotors and super realistic massive black & polished metal split 5-spoked 22-inch wheels. Also, details like struts to support the hood(bonnet)/rear hatch liftback (boot), plus perforated front grilles/intricate front and real lighting plus P.E. metal badging. Moving into the interior, you will find a fully carpeted space, all screens on the I.P.dash/center console and all 4-door cards have legible buttons/switches/steering wheel and realistic headliner details. The seats match the 1/1 RS7 with correct seating surfacing patterns (which look like real leather) and RS-trim tyle red stitching throughout the interior. All is done so well; you have to see it in reality.
Both of the Nardograu & Tangotrot paint finishes on my models are flawless. The shut-lines are tight & even. Additionally, the panoramic roof and rear/back windows are all tinted. All labels are present under hood for references of warnings and fluids. The icing on the cake is, that the two models are heavy! It's a wonderful feeling to hold these miniatures in your hands. These both really feel premium in quality, plus KengFai never disappoints and always surprises in the best ways.

I really enjoyed this posting and it was really worth the effort to pull other models out to do this review. I highly recommend adding one of the three current gen Audi RS7s by KengFai.
Car Wheel Vehicle Grille Tire

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Additionally, I have also done a head-to-head past and current generation Audi RS7 Sportback comparison. Coincidently KengFai made both of these models with KengFai producing the 1st generation RS7 for Minikraft. I love that both RS7s used here are similarly the close to the same red color. So, it's really a 1 for 1 of old versus new presented here.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Hood Toy Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood Toy
Vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Hood
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Font Automotive design

Land vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The Audi RS7 is a beast of a machine, it's brutally fast and looks the part wearing very wide and aggressive body work with massive 22-inch wheels.
The direct competition for Audi's RS7 is BMW's M8 Gran Coupe/AMG-Mercedes 63S 4-Matic+ and Porsche Panamera. I have all 1/18th scale cars present, minus the G2 Panamera (As Minichamps in China haven't released it yet).
Car Photograph Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Sky Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Sky Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
KengFai never disappoint! OMG those are so good and thank you for posting them here. If I have to pick up one, I'd have a hard time choosing between Grey and Red. And thanks to you this one will probably ended up in my collection! 😑 :D
The proportion on these RS7 are dead on and I'm glad you addressed in your review my biggest petpeeves - panel gaps! The gaps look perfect here and admittedly better than my Kilo RS6.
The details here are amazingly done. Interior details are top notch and also the warning labels on the inside of the fuel door!!

This would be a nice addition to the RS6 to complete my Audi collection!

Glad you finally got the chance to shoot your Norev AMG GT 4-door!

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KengFai never disappoint! OMG those are so good and thank you for posting them here. If I have to pick up one, I'd have a hard time choosing between Grey and Red. And thanks to you this one will probably ended up in my collection! 😑 :D
The proportion on these RS7 are dead on and I'm glad you addressed in your review my biggest petpeeves - panel gaps! The gaps look perfect here and admittedly better than my Kilo RS6.
The details here are amazingly done. Interior details are top notch and also the warning labels on the inside of the fuel door!!

This would be a nice addition to the RS6 to complete my Audi collection!

Glad you finally got the chance to shoot your Norev AMG GT 4-door!
Stefanus, you really will be pleased with the overall quality and details here. It really is ice that Kengfai/LCD/G.C.D. and Paudi are giving us alternatives to the now overpriced and under developed/detailed greedy mainstreamers these last few years! We're so lucky to be living in these times for collecting! 😊

My Audi RS6 Review is coming tomorrow :)

Speaking of Norev AMG GT63S 4Matic+, that review will come soon, but I have to space my reviews out a little bit.🥂

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Admittedy not my subject but great stuff for sure!
Opening fuel cap is the diecast champions league - sooo cool!!

And it's so good to see that they can offer such quality for a fair price!!!
There is still hope for our hobby...

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Admittedy not my subject but great stuff for sure!
Opening fuel cap is the diecast champions league - sooo cool!!

And it's so good to see that they can offer such quality for a fair price!!!
There is still hope for our hobby...
Thanks! They are really interesting. As a kid I always wanted models like this, and now it's a reality! What lucky times we're living in Dirk!😊
Yes, we're lucky that China took an interest to start making their own model companies and a love for cars. The west mostly abandoned this hobby, or are stuck in the past making 50/60s cars or traditional sports cars. It's so nice to have contemporary miniatures at this level of detail and quality! 👏

1 - 10 of 10 Posts