DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently being modified a 1:18 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTV 2000 during the historic rally "Langste Nacht van Nederland"

The base model

The actual car

All the bits and pieces

This model is a present by the organisation of the historic rally "Langste Nacht van Nederland" for the winner of the rally.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
begint alweer goed ....... ben zeer benieuwd ;-)
the start is fine .... im curious
(translation lesson 1 for NL beginners

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great mod! Only thing I should point out if you don't know already is that the grill is from a 1750GTV. I dunno if you could fabricate a 2000GTV one. But other than that looks good. I know this because I own a 1750 and it has a one bar grille like your model.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're absolutely right. Budget doesn't allow to make it a propper 2000. Also the taillights are 1750.

Nice to reed you own a classic Alfa as well. Ours is a 115 Super 1300 (with a 2 litre Berline engine and rear axle).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sadly enough, own will soon be in the past tense. I bought the car last year as a restoration project. It was a 1971 GTV 1750 and came with two complete engines. The body looked very sound and at the price i got it at i didnt check twice. Later dissassembly revealed a monstrous amount of body filler and even more rust.
So im currently parting it out. I already got the equivalent of my money back and will make even more once its finished parting, but its still sad to see such a beautiful car go to the grave like this. They are very rare here in Canada and rust quite fast. Thankfully I have another project that will soon be finished and on the road.
Not an Alfa though.

Would love to see pics of your car though!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too bad. Overhere they are not hard to find. Rust is a problem though. Having said that. We own the Giulia for 6 years now and its the daily driver of my girlfriend. The Alfa is a bit rusty but from a couple of meters distance it looks OK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is SEXY!!!! Racing mod classic alfa's are awsome. Lovin it

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That's very nice ... the bumpers are neatly removed, it is now a very good looking Alfa !

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Totally professional outcome, AWESOME job!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great job, Maarten!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts