DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Your photographs are absolutely fine; I never would have known they were from an iPhone. The modifications you made to this car and the others are very impressive, especially the working sunroof on the W222.

Speaking of the W222, where did you find the wheels for it? They look much better than the stock wheels in my opinion. I think the W222 is the best looking S since the W140.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Your photographs are absolutely fine; I never would have known they were from an iPhone. The modifications you made to this car and the others are very impressive, especially the working sunroof on the W222.

Speaking of the W222, where did you find the wheels for it? They look much better than the stock wheels in my opinion. I think the W222 is the best looking S since the W140.
Thanks man. I love the look of the new S class sedan and coupe. As for the wheels, they are made by me; I make exact molds of most of the diecast wheels in my collection and then replicate sets of them in resin. They are, for all intents and purposes, "hubcaps because they require a set of donor wheels that must be modified & tires that will fit correctly. I've been toying with a system to create 3 piece setups that will have the wheel face, "cylinder" where the tire goes around, and different styles of mounting hubs that can be centered on the cap portion. For my purposes though, I'm just fine with being able to apply a new wheel face over existing wheels I've modified.

W222 wheels are molded from the AbsoluteHot SL63AMG
W220 wheels are molded from the Autoart CL55AMG
W140 wheels are molded from the Maisto SL63 Safety car.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Well, that is some very impressive work! I really like what you did with the 2015 Mustang GT as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn! Very nice, big fan of the W140. Got to get this model from Norev in my collection some day..
Outstanding modwork on the models. You've gave me some inspiration for the future.

Cheers!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.