DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title suggests, i would be grateful if anyone who has knowledge and/or pics of the 1:18 AUTOart Jaguar E-Type Roaster Series III, can tell/show me what its like as i've found the red version for a good price.
Is the quality and detailing any good? Does it compare well to other AUTOart Millenium releases? Are there any problems with them? etc, etc.

Thanks very much in advance.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Jim, I am far from an expert on the 1:1 Jag but the car looks very good as far as proportions go.Detail wise it looks to be very nice with full carpeting and lots of under hood details showing.
Not the best AUTOart ever made by any means but it holds its head up well, sadly they didn't do much chassis detail but that is not why I buy a model anyway.
I never have understood the different "Lines" that AUTOart sells under so I don't know which cars to compare it to but it is done very much like the AUTOart Muira but not quite as nice as the Toyota 2000 or the Jag XJ13. It is much nicer than the C Type.
I paid about $35 for mine from a Replicarz sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the silver version of this car. in my opinion it is a beautiful car and very well done by AUTOart. I have compared it with the Xj13. Probably it isn't that good, but then, the Xj13 is extremely well done.
It is what you expect from AUTOart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MP and Burn. The silver looks fantastic but I have not got a choice. Its either red or nothing.
I'm going to order one now.

MockingBird - you should have bought it for $35. Thats a very cheap price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think the red is a great colour too! I have a BBurago e-type in red, and is already a beautiful car... even if it is a bburago. Be sure to post some pics when you get it.

35 bucks is really a cheap price! I got mine for circa 45 dollars second hand, still perfect condition :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Burn, I'll be sure to post some pics.

I have a very old Series II cabrio 4.2 (forget who made it), but its in 1:16 and the detailing is not really that good by todays' standards. I agree the E-Type is a very beautiful car, thats why I want a decent model of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats an excellent choice M'Bird.

I was after an Exoto for so long it hurt! :giggle

$125 works out at about 70 GBPs which is about half the price they go for in the UK. So well done. :nicejob

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree £70 is a great price for an Exoto GT40!

I have the same MkIII E-Type as Jeff/MP and I think it is a really good model of this particular car. You only have to compare it to the unfortunate Yat-Ming version that came out last year to see how good it is!!! :giggle

My one is silver, but the red one looks equally good, so if you can get one at a good price then go for it! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ronan,

I've just ordered it, so with a bit of luck I should have it by wednesday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks RichardM,

The detailing on the front indicator housing looks very realsitic.

I was pretty sure that being an AUTOart, the E-type would not disappoint. I'm pleased to see that the people who own them are more than happy with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope not now i've paid for it! :giggle

A few months ago I had a very brief look at one, but didn't buy. I regretted it as soon as I got home, and so was determined that as soon as i saw one for a good price i'd buy it. And thats exactly what i've done. :danbana

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The E Type is such a great design that it's going to look good in almost any color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.