DiecastXchange Forum banner

1:18 AUTOart Signature Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - Red

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  oscar_driver 
#1 ·
As one of the most "poster-esque" cars of the 70's and 80's (plus the 90's for one year), the Lamborghini Countach is an absolute legend. From the simplistic LP400 of 1974 to this beast that is the 25th anniversary, there are many face lifts that appeal to the many generations this car has touched. Mine of course is the 25th annivesary edition. Styled by some guy named Horacio Pagani, something has always allured me to this car. The big wing, the pop up headlights, the 44 (yes, fourty four) air slits around the car, just scream "look at me", which is what any true Lamborghini should do, no? It's controversial, and that's just something that adds more charm to it.

Opinions of the actual car put aside, there's no denying that AUTOart has done a bang off job with this addition to their signature series line. Everything that you'd expect is there, with nothing less. Mesh in the air vents, cloth seat belts, flocking in the interior, piping in the engine, working metal struts, the list goes on.

Typically I would go very in depth about each section of the model, however with a legend like this, the photos do it more justice. I will make a list of the pros and cons of the model, some of which are personal complaints about my specific model, and aren't likely on others out there.

Pros:

*Excellent body proportions
*Spring loaded doors
*Working metal struts
*Labeled Pirelli tires
*Working pop-up headlights
*Metal Lamborghini decals on wheels

Cons:

*Doors are hard to open even with provided tool
*Door sill badging isn't crisp
*No working suspension, yet springs and suspension are molded in great detail on the undercarriage
*My particular model has a slight paint haze/swirl on front of car, and came with a hairline scratch on the roof from the factory

Now on to the photos:

All in all, I definitely recommend this for any fan of the Countach or Lamborghini. It's a solid effort by AUTOart, and would look good displayed next to some other
legends of the 80's.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice review! Have to admit I'm a bit surprised about the lack of working suspension (wasn't that an AUTOart halmark back in the day?), but this is hardly a dealbreaker as they've really done it justice form-wise. Also nice that the doors are spring-loaded, hard as they may be to open.

The 25th was for a long time my favorite version of the Countach. I had a 1/36 Welly toy of it as a kid & been obsessed ever since, especially after the car was featured in NFS3 - though lately I've come to prefer the cleaner look of the 5000S. In spite of my "loyalty" to 1:43 scale, I'd be dangerously tempted by this model if the winged version were available in silver! IMO the later Countaches are simply incomplete without a miniature XB-35 sitting on the trunk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.