DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello for one more time with another Ferrari by HotWheels Elite! They have just revealed some shots of their upcoming 458 Challenge. DecoMaster pre-production pictures as usual. Enjoy the pictures and feel free to express your opinion!
Enjoy
:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I know the livery isn't everyones cup o tea but I rather like it. The quality of the interior definitely looks great for the price. I can't wait.

·
Administrator
33,651 Posts
I'm not a fan of the livery so won't be adding it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Awesome. Another 458 in the collection. I hope they make more liveries. I intend to collect only Ferraris very soon.. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tires have patterns ?
Hope they will change...
Overall nice looking.
Being based on their f430 Challenge the tires will look as they should on the final version

A picture showing the tires of the f430 Challenge:

·
A car dream in 1/18!!
104 Posts
I know the livery isn't everyones cup o tea but I rather like it. The quality of the interior definitely looks great for the price. I can't wait.
I actually like it. I have the F430 Challenge #14 and I wish my 360 and 355 Challenge would be the plain presentation liveries instead of #7 race livery. So I will certainly get this one!
Dan

G

·
I don't particularly like the livery, but for a "presentation" car without livery this is the way to go and I am definitely getting one. It is the 5th generation of the challenge series and this is where the "presentation livery" comes from.
I am sure that the tires will be fixed by production time. I don't know however why there is only one seat as they should be two. It seams they at least got the seat shape right this time, as it is not the case with the racing 355s/360s the CHS and the F430

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't particularly like the livery, but for a "presentation" car without livery this is the way to go and I am definitely getting one. It is the 5th generation of the challenge series and this is where the "presentation livery" comes from.
I am sure that the tires will be fixed by production time. I don't know however why there is only one seat as they should be two. It seams they at least got the seat shape right this time, as it is not the case with the racing 355s/360s the CHS and the F430
Oh! I haven't noticed that it only has one seat. I think that they'll fix this, too.

EDIT: It's not a mistake that they haven't fitted a second seat. Look at that picture:

Although other pictures show it with two seats. I guess it varies and HWE decided to build the one-seater.
Here's a picture showing the 458 Challenge with two seats:

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Not sure about the livery, but looks like a good model, particularly with the single seat config....

G

·
So, I looked it up and found out something interesting. Unlike previous times, the official press car (pictured in this thread) had only one seat, so Mattel are right on the money. This is interesting, because every Challenge car is initially build with two seats and on previous presentations they all had both seats in.
The next thing I looked at were the wheels. I thought the rear were considerably different offset and Mattel's look like they are the same front and rear. Looking at pictures of that presentation car they might have a little difference, but not much.
So in the end, I have to say that I really tried to find where did they fail, because they always manage to mess up something on an otherwise great model. Well, I got nothing. It looks like they will come out with yet another great model. I am so totally getting one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts