DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

· Administrator
35,466 Posts
I wouldn't mind a Speciale, I also think it'll sell out quite quickly (when they're released)

· Administrator
35,466 Posts
I **** the stripes, I didn't at first though. Love it now though!

· Registered
20 Posts
$120 was the best deal I could find. This will make it about $30 more than their 458 model. What will that extra $30 get us? Only time will tell. Looking at past patterns, the Elite models always seem to go for between $85 - $95 for the mass-produced cars, to $120 - $130 for the really high-end ones.

Looking at the Enzo Hot Wheels Elite model, they did a very nice job on that. (Don't take that as a condoning of the price: it's still pretty obscenely over-priced, IMO). But the detail, particularly in the motor, is crisp and well-executed. There's a lot of separately-applied eye-candy in there: exhaust pipes, plug wires, and other conduits, and the separate coil springs on the push-rod suspension really seals the deal for me.

Unfortunately, there is no push-rod set-up on the F-70, so we won't be getting the separate springs. However, there is still a lot of detail going on in that motor compartment due to the super-high-tech HYKERS system. And because of the way the hood opens on the F-70, there is more of it exposed. How much of that dense wiring, conduits, and componentry will Hot Wheels get in there, remains to be seen. The mockups look a little sparse, honestly. Hopefully that's because it is a mock-up. But of course we can only wait and see.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
$120 was the best deal I could find. This will make it about $30 more than their 458 model. What will that extra $30 get us? Only time will tell. Looking at past patterns, the Elite models always seem to go for between $85 - $95 for the mass-produced cars, to $120 - $130 for the really high-end ones.

Looking at the Enzo Hot Wheels Elite model, they did a very nice job on that. (Don't take that as a condoning of the price: it's still pretty obscenely over-priced, IMO). But the detail, particularly in the motor, is crisp and well-executed. There's a lot of separately-applied eye-candy in there: exhaust pipes, plug wires, and other conduits, and the separate coil springs on the push-rod suspension really seals the deal for me.

Unfortunately, there is no push-rod set-up on the F-70, so we won't be getting the separate springs. However, there is still a lot of detail going on in that motor compartment due to the super-high-tech HYKERS system. And because of the way the hood opens on the F-70, there is more of it exposed. How much of that dense wiring, conduits, and componentry will Hot Wheels get in there, remains to be seen. The mockups look a little sparse, honestly. Hopefully that's because it is a mock-up. But of course we can only wait and see.
HWE Enzo is far below the average level of HWE, because rather than a new mold, it's based on a pre-Elite era mold from 2003. In my opinion, FF, F12, 458 GT2, and 599XX represent the highest level of HWE so far.
I'm sure a better deal of the Laferrari can be found than $120. Just wait a few months after its release. The HWE F12 can be bought nowadays for 350 Chinese yuan = $56.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
Hello ferrariforever, thank you for the recommendations. Do the FF, F12, 458 GT2, 599XX use the soft flexible plastic for glasses or hard plastic? Also did you get the $56 price from taobao or some other site? Thanks.
Yes, they have soft plastic half windows, except the 599XX.
$56 is indeed from Taobao, pretty much every new Elite can be found for that price, like the F355, 458 Spider etc.
Cheers.

· Registered
30 Posts
Thanks ferrariforever, the soft plastic is the only concern I have with the Hot Wheels Elites since I'm a little bit more hands-on with my models. My 599 GTO is less than a month old but it already has a few scratches on the windshields and windows. But on the other hand, I really like the fact that all the doors, trunk, hood shut tight, I can rotate the model around or even turn it upside down and nothing come loose.

Based on your recommendation I am currently thinking of purchasing the FF. However I also came across the Zagato 575 GTZ and the 612 Sessanta two tone (black and burgundy) with all glass roof for the same price. What do you think about the Zagato 575 GTZ and the 612 quality wise? Thank you.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
Thanks ferrariforever, the soft plastic is the only concern I have with the Hot Wheels Elites since I'm a little bit more hands-on with my models. My 599 GTO is less than a month old but it already has a few scratches on the windshields and windows. But on the other hand, I really like the fact that all the doors, trunk, hood shut tight, I can rotate the model around or even turn it upside down and nothing come loose.

Based on your recommendation I am currently thinking of purchasing the FF. However I also came across the Zagato 575 GTZ and the 612 Sessanta two tone (black and burgundy) with all glass roof for the same price. What do you think about the Zagato 575 GTZ and the 612 quality wise? Thank you.
Sorry for my late response. Among the 3 you are considering, FF has the best quality. 612 is based on the old mold from 2004, and still has doglegs. The Zagato is a relatively new mold, but the model is not very popular at all, similar to FF. Besides the model quality, I would go for the car you like.
Personally I chose for the FF.

· Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go for the car that I like, the Welly Huayra. Great model, but I wish Hot Wheels could had made it instead. Details wise, the Welly Huayra is as good as recent Hot Wheels elite models but quality wise, it just doesn't match up. The plastic side mirrors seem to be very fragile.The wheels don't fully turn and make squeaky noises when they rotate. The badges are just stickers that came off at barely a touch.

Being more of a hands-on collector, I guess I'll stick with Hot Wheels elites from now on since they are more solidly built and don't require that much care or attention when handling. Can't wait for the La Ferrari release, two months seem so far off.

· Registered
20 Posts
ayaxr thanks for that link, I had not seen it (nor any other review of this model) yet.

So does this mean this model is now available? I pre-ordered from legacydiecast.com, anyone know anything about how fast these guys are at getting them out to customers?

Looking forward to this nice-looking model...

· Registered
2,828 Posts
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.