DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
HotWheels Elite have just uploaded some beta deco-master pictures of their upcoming Ferrari 458 Spider and it seems to be better detailed than the 458 Italia. (exhausts are finally fixed!) The steering wheel looks too low though but I guess that it'll be fixed until release. Have a look at the pictures and tell your opinion:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Looks really nice. Too bad they couldn't expose more of the engine especially being an elite version. Also from seeing a custom mod of a red 458 with the elite Alonso Black rims swapped to it, I think that would have been an even nicer look. All in all, another great model from HotWheels.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
2 things... man those rear wheels look really far into the body, not at all like the coupes... And, I'm positively hating the doglegs on the rear engine cover when the coupe got much more discreet hinges.... whats up with that??

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes that's the bad thing. I can't figure out why HotWheels Elite doesn't use mechanisms like AUTOart. They won't increase the price a lot and don't forget that Elites nowadays cost more than before so they must get more improved. Anyway it's an awesome model and remember that it's a deco-master sample, not the final version ;) . They'll improve it

P.S The exhausts still need improvements

G

·
I am sorry for being so direct, but there are some really boneheaded comments on here.
They won't increase the price a lot and don't forget that Elites nowadays cost more than before so they must get more improved.
Joke of the year so far!
For the last two years Elites have been the most improved company with the least price increase (together with Norev maybe)

I don't care honestly much about the hinges in the rear, as there is not much to see under there anyway. The exhausts are exactly what everyone was crying for, yet now again "they need improvement"

For under $100 there is not much more we can ask for.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Firstly, I don't think that the AUTOart style mechanism will increase the price so much. Secondly, it does is the most improving company but just wait for the price tag of the 458 Spider. (I bet that it'll cost way more than the FF so...) Thirdly, when I said that the exhaust need more improvement I meant to be a little bit thinner and if it was possible to be similar to the super elite 458 Italia's. I'm a big fan of HWE and I mention it again, it undoubtedly is the most improving diecast company in the planet right now but I just commented compared to the 1:1.
(Maybe I was affected by my Premium ClassiXXs SLS
)

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Firstly, I don't think that the AUTOart style mechanism will increase the price so much. Secondly, it does is the most improving company but just wait for the price tag of the 458 Spider. (I bet that it'll cost way more than the FF so...) Thirdly, when I said that the exhaust need more improvement I meant to be a little bit thinner and if it was possible to be similar to the super elite 458 Italia's. I'm a big fan of HWE and I mention it again, it undoubtedly is the most improving diecast company in the planet right now but I just commented compared to the 1:1.
(Maybe I was affected by my Premium ClassiXXs SLS
)
I would like to see your price research that shows that Hot Wheels has large price increases from release to release.

As for the hood mechanism, while producing that part may not be costly (I have no idea on how much they cost). Installation of the part via tiny screws would definitely add complexity and fragility to the model thus increasing the price. I know it must be tempting to base your entire knowledge of the diecast industry on one 1/12 model but take it from us hardcore veterans, the smaller scale you go, the harder and more complex things become. Your wants and desires would definitely cause that massive price increase you are complaining about in your second point.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Guys relax. I absolutely know what's going on
I don't know the prices in your country but in mine the 458 Italia cost 70euros and the FF now costs 97euros and the 599 GTO 90euros. Generally all the new models of HWE cost more here. As for the mechanisms just look at the price of an AUTOart gallardo which is awesomely detailed and full of mechanisms. It costs 103euros here which is a really small difference compared to the HWE. I hope that now you all understood what I meant

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I have no idea about the crazy pricing schemes over there but in the U.S. an AUTOart Gallardo is twice the cost of an Elite. So I'll take a concession or two to be able to afford the Spyder.

·
Registered
257 Posts
as long as they keep their prices under 100 euros i won't be making any complaints, but all the elites i have purchased costed me under 80 euros. I will have to agree with mrm HWE made some great progress in the quality of their models and they are seem to be constantly improving and taking customer feedback seriously (the exhaust has been painted for example). If only they could make more cars except ferraris.
Also the 458 Spider will be available in white, matte black and red (no yellow unfortunately)

G

·
OK.
I like to compare apples to apples and for this I will use a seller that has been called many names on here and has as many friends as foes, but it is a somewhat leveling experience.
Right now, at the same time, in the same country, on the same website, using the same currency, the same seller is selling the Elite FF or 348 for $75 and three different AUTOart Lamborghinis, which were released at about the same time as the Elites in question for $135. This is close to double. Considering that so far the hinges are the only legit complaint against the model, I think they I are doing just splendid when taking into account the price point differences.
In this particular case of a subject matter I can honestly say I can live even with a sealed model, as the interior is clearly visible and the engine is clearly mostly covered, so there is not much to be seen under either front or rear hoods. Thinking about it, if I had a choice between a functioning engine hood and functioning roof, I would have gone with the roof. But since this is not an option, I don't even care if the hood opens.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be honest I don't complain. I just made a comment. I like HWE and I'm gonna buy the 458 Spider when it comes out. Anyway, it would be awesome to see this beast dressed in yellow but unfortunately we won't, as Alex said.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Can't wait for this to be released. The exhaust is definitely an improvement over the coupe.

What other colours will the Spyder come in? Is it white and black...if I remember correctly.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts