DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we had a bright winter-day and the level of near river was high so I took my latest addition out for some pretty shots:

Ferrari F430 Challenge [Mattel/Elite]

Click on photo to see more!

Apart from some tiny flaws Mattel did a very good job on this model!
Usually I don't collect race cars but this one seduced me with its amazing style.
I saw it and fell in love. :zoom

To me it seems, the Elites are getting better with each model.
If Mattel could enhance the finish/quality control, they probably can live up to their name once. :giggle

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Absolutely stunning pics as usual! :cheers

So, what do you think about the car? Is it worth their asking price? Better than the 599? I've been curious about this model for a while and it's the only thing that's stopped me getting a standard F430 model :cheers

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Superleggera: If you find a flawless model then I would say yes, it is worth its price.
Details are very good, the body is all metal (no plastic bumpers), the interior is amazing.

But as usual the finish is horrible. I had 3 models in my shop and non of them was perfect. Two had heavy paint flaws (touched up dilettantish) and window scratches. :smack
Mine has two tiny flaws I can live with:

crooked "cavallino" and missing "p" at "Pininfarina"

So I would recommend to look at it before buying (no online purchase)!
:cheers

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
raidou did you happen to polish the car with a cloth? If you did its likely that the P hooked on to the cloth. The A on my Superamerica did the exact same thing only I was lucky enough to find it after a long search with a magnifying glass. The Horse and photoetch writting don't seem to be stuck on very well so be careful around all photoetched pieces, thats a disappointing detail must admit. I see that your Ferrari writting in the engine just infront of the exhaust muffler is also crooked.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I wish I could say I was sold on the interior alone, but the exterior's not exactly bad either! Does anyone have the ELITE F430 road version to compare it with? I want to know all my options before jumping in head first :cheers

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
As Far as I know the coupe F430 has not been released as an Elite but the Spider has. To be Honest I wouldn't buy the road going F430 i'd go for the Challenge. Heres the Elite Ferrari releases to date:

Elite Ferrari F40 Red/Yellow
Elite Ferrari Enzo Red/Yellow
Elite Ferrari F430 Spider Red/Silver
Elite Ferrari FXX Red/ TDF blue
Elite Ferrari Testarossa Red/Silver
Elite Ferrari 288GTO Red/Yellow
Elite Ferrari Superamerica Red/Blue
Elite Ferrari F50 Red/Yellow
Elite Ferrari 599GTB Red/Silver
Elite Ferrari F430 Challenge Red

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! After some snooping on eBay the challenge F430 certainly looks like the best of the bunch. I might even go as far as saying one of the best ELITES? :cheers

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Holy moly those are gorgeous shots! Easily some of the best I have seen on this website. Looks very accurate to the 1:1. :cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.