DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello for one more time!

My dealer brought the Ferrari FF by HotWheels Elite in all colors available and I can't decide which one to pick. Certainly, I'm between the RED (
W1105) and the BLUE (W1118). Also, notice that the BLUE one costs 15,5euros less than the red one. I like them both but I don't prefer the red interior of the blue a lot... I noticed by looking at different pictures that the blue one looks worse under strong (or even natural) lighting and I thought that this was the reason of the price gap. Is it actually? Is the blue color lower quality than the red one? I don't know what to do because both are looking awesome. I must say that I collect red Ferraris but the lower price and generally the blue color made me think of it more seriously... What do you suggest?

Thanks!!!​

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
You can't go wrong with red. And going off of trends the red will become hard to find in a year or so. To me, the blue is not a good color for that car. And the red, while I love red interiors, does not go well with the blue exterior. Not sure why they are charging more for the red.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
You can't go wrong with red. And going off of trends the red will become hard to find in a year or so. To me, the blue is not a good color for that car. And the red, while I love red interiors, does not go well with the blue exterior. Not sure why they are charging more for the red.
I'm with preisman.....red for me!!

G

·
Thumbs up for RED! I just picked up a red one this afternoon, the car is stunning and well executed. Red will always be the treasured colour, it appeals to a larger audience, more so than just us die cast collectors. If will be the first colour to sell through and the most desired in the long term. Buy red, we all know what happened with red red 458 Italia...

G

·
FERRARI=RED, ROSSO CORSA!!!! Always the first choice. I got mine in today and the choice was made for me as the blue hasn't arrived at my supplier yet. The car may be a oddball looking thing to many but it is in the end a Ferrari and it will make my personal collection for that reason!! They also state only 5000 made I noticed.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
If it helps, the blue version has metallic flakes in the paint whereas the red doesn't have any. Some people like me aren't a fan of metallic flakes (I think the large flakes make it look more toyish). I have the red FF. The red may be a tiny bit more expensive, but I guarantee you that the red will be more valuable in the future.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have already picked the red one up. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope my friend gets it along when he comes back from manchester a month or so from now!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all guys! You've really helped me out! Yes, the metallic flakes in the paint make the car look toyish and that's why I don't like it a lot. Also, the red interior isn't my taste. So, I think that I'll go for the red! Thanks again!

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
^ Agreed, but have you seen how most modern Ferraris look magnificent in a non-red shade!!
So true - Black Ferrari's look ace, especially with red seats !! I think the FF looks ace in grey - they can keep red for the two seater cars.

G

·
Skip it go White lol........................J/K go red so there will be more blues for me, when I buy one. The red interior is BOSS!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
There seem to be a lof of FFs about still, despite them being on the market for a while. It's not quite the fast seller that the 599XX, GTO or 458 were. Do others think this will go the same was as the 308s, Daytonas, Dinos etc, and will the 348s follow the same pattern?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts