DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

My father has been given an 1-18 scale of a 1933 Maybach (Hitlers car),
absolutely beautifully made model.

He did wonder if there was any figures available of the man himself.

Ideally for standing in the back of the car. The only figures I seem to be able to find are German Army figures, but they don't seem to be quite right.

Hopefully someone amongst you guys will be able to point us in the right direction

Thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
aboard ken! :cheers
I think it will be pretty hard for you to find a figure of ol' ridiculous-moustach Adolf in 1:18 (in fact, it probably will be hard to find him in any scale), since Hitler is somekind of a taboo all around the world. The only alternative would be to custome make one or modify a 1:18 figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
LUW said:
aboard ken! :cheers
I think it will be pretty hard for you to find a figure of ol' ridiculous-moustach Adolf in 1:18 (in fact, it probably will be hard to find him in any scale), since Hitler is somekind of a taboo all around the world. The only alternative would be to custome make one or modify a 1:18 figure.
:welcom2 Ken!!! I think Luciano is right, the only way to get a figure of Hitler in 1:18th would be to modify an existing figure yourself. The man is so despised generally (and rightly so in my opinion) that I doubt there would be a big enough market for figures of him for any model maker to mass produce them. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ronan

It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask

By the way, a couple of days ago I signed your questbook again, I also mentioned that had a
1-18 scale Maisto (Red) Porsche Carrera GT, well on next Sundays (30th May)
Top Gear BBC2 @ 20.00, they are roadtesting one.

Should be a pretty awesome roadtest for a car that can cost £310,000.00!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
kenrobinson6 said:
Thanks Ronan

It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask

By the way, a couple of days ago I signed your questbook again, I also mentioned that had a
1-18 scale Maisto (Red) Porsche Carrera GT, well on next Sundays (30th May)
Top Gear BBC2 @ 20.00, they are roadtesting one.

Should be a pretty awesome roadtest for a car that can cost £310,000.00!!
No problem Ken!!! Yes! I saw that you signed my guestbook! Thanks again!

The Carrera GT test next Sunday should be outstanding, the Merc SLRs Top Gear track record is about to be broken I think!!! (As it said in this months magazine!!!). Doesn't Jeremy Clarkson have the best job in the whole world??? :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Welcome to the DX Forum Ken! We're very glad you found us. You don't need to worry about being "flamed" around here. Everyone is very polite and helpful. Sorry I can't offer you any suggestions on top of what LUW and Ronan mentioned.

:welcom2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all, for the welcome posts, you have given me

But I still wish I could find 1-18 scale figures for the Hitlers' Maybach car, because to be honest,
it would improve an already impressive die-cast model !!

I got it from Kevins Hobbies in Canada (very impressively quick service)
dispatched Thursday, arrives Tuesday!. It has taken much longer for my models to arrive,
even if it has been ordered from a UK address.

Will keep visiting this very good forum

ps. Ronan - whilst I will never have over 600 models, I still want to get a lot more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
kenrobinson6 said:
Thank you all, for the welcome posts, you have given me

But I still wish I could find 1-18 scale figures for the Hitlers' Maybach car, because to be honest,
it would improve an already impressive die-cast model !!

I got it from Kevins Hobbies in Canada (very impressively quick service)
dispatched Thursday, arrives Tuesday!. It has taken much longer for my models to arrive,
even if it has been ordered from a UK address.

Will keep visiting this very good forum

ps. Ronan - whilst I will never have over 600 models, I still want to get a lot more
:lol Never say never Ken!!! 600 seems like alot (and it is) but it is the sum total of nearly 8 years collecting 1:18ths in my case! :cheers
 
G

·
:welcom2 to DX Ken, we're glad you decided to join us.

As far as Adolf goes, I've seen a 1:43 scale model with him in it, not 1:18 but like others have said, modifying something is probably the only way to go. The hardest part will be finding a 1:18 scale figure. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,816 Posts
to the forum! Like it has been stated you can find it in 1:43 and 1:6 but not 1:18.
Have you tried www.21stcenturytoys.com ?
This officer can be moded to look close.

German officer

I figure that with them making Patton, that they would continue and make all of WWII's figure, but they haven't soo far.

Good luck!

Interesting fact that I learned, Hitler did not have a swastika on his Iron Cross as most German soldier did after 1939. His was awarded to him in WWI.
 
G

·
:welcom2 to DX!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Good luck with the project. Do post pics of the figure & vehicle together when everything's done. :cheers
 
G

·
Ronan said:
No problem Ken!!! Yes! I saw that you signed my guestbook! Thanks again!

The Carrera GT test next Sunday should be outstanding, the Merc SLRs Top Gear track record is about to be broken I think!!! (As it said in this months magazine!!!). Doesn't Jeremy Clarkson have the best job in the whole world???:cheers
:welcom2 kenrobinson6!

No BBC here but I managed to see that SLR make history... VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hammond had an interesting point, though. The 911 Turbo ran in the wet, and so did the NSX-R as well as others and I think they deserve a better shot. I read that the Stradale CS is up next and that should be interesting to see, along with the Carrera GT. I wonder if they'll get the Enzo as well.

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top