*Year: 1999
*Manufacturer: AUTOart
*Scale: 1/18
*Exterior color: Bye Bye Ludwig
*Interior: Black
*Notes:

Bodywork (marks out of 20) - 17
-overall design: Very well done.
-panel gaps: Biggest gaps are up on the roof, other than that its fine.
-fit and finish: Beautiful
-detailing: Detail is start AUTOart detail, very well done.
-lights: Headlights and tail lights are very well replicated.

Paint (marks out of 10 ) - 8.5
-quality: Smooth paint, metallic chips are perfect size.
-decals: Awesome, hardly rough when you touch them.

Interior (marks out of 30 ) - 24
-accuracy: Looks pretty accurate to me, only complaint is that the front of the car seems to be higher than the real 1/1 CLK LM
-detailing: It's a race car so it's nothing fancy. Seat and steering wheel carpeted. Pretty much average for an AUTOart.

Engine (marks out of 30 ) - 15
-detail: its fine for me, but its nothing fancy or in great detail.

Wheels and Brakes (marks out of 10 ) - 9
-detail: AUTOart did an awesome replicated the wheels/tires and breaks.
-size and fit: Looks good to me.

Overall score out of 100 and general final comment: Total of 73.5 out of a 100. Awesome model, one of my favorites in my whole collection. AUTOart did a very good job on the exterior detail; lights look very real, decals are much better than the CLK GTR Orignal-Teile (from 1:18 AUTOart). Really no complaints except the front of the car seems a bit too high- almost the same height as the CLK GTR. Kind of hard to find now a days, so if you have the chance to get it, get it!

Review added to the DX Review Database

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Great review boedan! :cheers
But just one thing: I thought it was called CLK GTR and not CLK LM. From what I knew the only LM version (Le Mans) from AUTOart is the #35.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The CLK LM was the 1998 model that raced at LeMans and in the FIA GT that year. It was lower and had a V8 instead of a V12. :wink
And I need to find one of these. I want to replace my Maisto CLK LM :danbana

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks boedan for that wonderful review. That is one gem of a car I'll have to keep my eyes open for! :cheers

G

·
Great review Boedan, I have the nr 12 CLK GTR. I just have a problem with the hood. I can´t get it off :ranting. When I use to much pressure I´m affraid something will break. (like the spoiler). I also think the decal will come off. Does someone have some usefull tips??

:feedback

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!!! A really awesome model!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yeah, I have the same problem. I believe a couple of guys had a solution for this problem, eaiser than mine. Hopefully they'll post it up, but here's mine...

Take apart the model and you'll be able to take off the rear end (whatever its called) with no problem :giggle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts