DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was behind a 1:1 the other day and really liked the lines on these cars. I haven't seen much in the way of posts on the DE Minichamps version, so I figured I would ask before I take the plunge.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the black dealer exclusive R-class. The interior is terrible- no carpet, headliner not completely finished, seats are hard plastic. The exeterior of the cars is fairly nice.

·
Registered
536 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I don't have the R, but I do have the similarly constructed ML-class, and I have to second Mark's comments. The biggest downside for me was not that the seats were hard plastic, but they were blatantly plastic, with no attempt to simulate any sort of grain. They look like the plastic they make hair combs out of. Plus the rear windows aren't tinted, making it look like you got the "stripper". On the plus side, it's only $40, which is not bad considering the DE Maisto CLS is $50, and the 1/43 R is $30.

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, great! Thanks all for the responses! I went ahead and ordered the black one. I'll either like it or hate it. I may even go ahead and make it my first true custom if I the outside is nice enough. Considering I don't have a compressor for my airbrush, it might actually be a project I will work on. :eek:k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.