DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Base: 1/18 Mattel Saleen S7

This is my first serious custom work I started about a half of year ago.

Here is a little story… First I stripped the model with automotive paint remover. It was really easy, fanny but it smells too hard. After I scratch built some part like front bumper lip, rear wing, roof air intake, diffuser and etc. You can find them on my pictures. I used white styrene sheets (0.5 - 1.0 mm) for scratch building. They can be found in local hobby store or ordered from internet.

After all main body works were done I primed the body with Tamiya primer to find any imperfections of lines and model's surface. I used wheels from UT Porsche GT1. They fitted to Saleen's body very well.

Then I started to work with interior. I scratch built the roll cage, fire extinguisher, PC unit and etc. I used styrene rods and tubes. "Evergreen" products are great to work with!!!

Unfortunately I do not have painting tools and enough skill to do it, so I had to ask my friend (aircraft modeler) to paint the model. A month before the final stage I ordered decals from Pattosplace. They are not exactly in scale, but generally fine.

I couple days ago I picked up the model. Here it is…

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Wow! :nicejob The S7 wasn't really my favorite supercar, but in racing livery it looks incredible and this one is just awesome. Great work! :cheers But how on earth do you scratch build the parts?! :nicejob

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations! What an incredible job - well done!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
That's great work Pavel and thank you for going to the effort of showing those "work-in-progres" photos too! They give us all a better appreciation for the building process. Congrats on the fine results!! :cheers :cheers

Were the wheels taken from an Opel DTM car??

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Awesome mod! I love the tiny rivets that holds the rear spoiler. Details like that really brings the model to life.

Painting is a big part of modeling, so let's give some love to your friend as well.

I can't wait to see some more work from you guys!

:cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Awesome work! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob And thanks for the write up! :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:nicejob :nicejob :nicejob Amazing custom job!!! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

Wow! If you would've post only the last picture, I would've thought it was factory made!!! Congrats on the hard work :cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.