DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread on here recently about a mis-identified Minichamps hauler, originally posted at 1/18 scale, but really only 1/43.

Back in the 70's, Ertl made a series of trucks which are really close to, if not actually 1/18 scale. I have been collecting these, off and on, for a couple of years now, and thought I would take a picture or two of a couple of them.

Tractor Trailer Rig and Nascar Hauler-

Ertl Mopar Tractor/Trailer Rig with GMP Mopar 1/18 scale Sprint Car-

Ertl Mopar Tractor/Trailer Rig with GMP Mopar 1/18 scale Sprint Car Close Up-

Okay, let's try that one again-

Ertl Mopar Tractor/Trailer Rig with Action Dodge 1/18 scale Nascar Stock Car-

Ertl Nascar Car Hauler with Action Dodge 1/18 Scale Nascar Stock Car-

Ertl Nascar Car Hauler with Action Dodge 1/18 Scale Nascar Stock Car Mounted-

Ertl Nascar Car Hauler being inspected to ensure Dodge Nascar Stock Car didn't have any leaks-

:cheers

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
He got a little territorial during this photo shoot.

The Ertl's are sheet metal (for lack of a better description), with plastic parts for the windshields, roof rigs, exhaust stacks and fuel tanks. Rubber tires on rudimentary solid steel rod axles. Once I get my workshop back up and operating, was going to try to make some customs of them, I've got a half dozen cabs, trailers, etc., in various states of repair. I think they were sold as a child's toy (and definitely not a collectible), so the one's you find can be kind of rough.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know it would be huge and expensive, but imagine a 1:18 car transporter on which we could display 8 - 12 models! :eek:mg

G

·
Your cat seems to be equally interested in diecast as you are :giggle

Are those haulers made of diecast? They look more like plastic...

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Those are big rigs! Do the doors open on them? (And your cat is a riot too Jim. :lol )

·
Registered
16 Posts
:coolpics I had that silver one as a kid it comes with 2 Chevy Laguna Nascars they were 1/24 scale. I think the truck scales out to more of a 1/20 scale. My brother has a 1/16 scale semi that looks to be more 1/18. Its huge. It loses realism points (as most semi replicas do) in the length of the trailer...its just to short.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts