DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fantastic model that came with quite a few surprises even before the 72 EUR I paid for it. It has so many details... The front door windows open and swivel (the smaller ones), the sun visors move, the seats move, there's even a key and a keychain in the starter... This one definitely shot up among the top of my most favorite models. We need more models like this one.

·
Administrator
34,981 Posts
Very nice! I do like this model. I've got a few variants of it myself.

Reactions: T1000

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update. Had seen someone getting the model with issues in Facebook, hence asked.
I suppose that's mostly down to shipping luck, rather than on Schuco's end.

These are really nice models of such an iconic van/bus.
However - I bought one from the previous release (China?) for €99 when they were costing around 50% more, and now my bargain isn't so great! ;)
It will be soon, as the retail for this new batch is also EUR99, but with the wave of discounts on major stores, we can get a bit cheeky, lol.

Side note: In Schuco's catalogue from last year it says that the model will be limited to 1000 pieces. However nothing like that is said on the box or on the model, so I suppose they changed their mind and made more of it, hence the lower price.

Side note 2: I am not sure if the fuel filler door also opens as it does on the previous release. Here it also seems like a separate piece, but the gap is so tiny I can't get the opening tool in. And I am afraid to push not to mess it up as I did so on the LCD Range Rover, lol.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Side note: In Schuco's catalogue from last year it says that the model will be limited to 1000 pieces. However nothing like that is said on the box or on the model, so I suppose they changed their mind and made more of it, hence the lower price.

Even if this one was limited to 1000 pieces, they will simply release it in a different colour scheme.
This is a listing of the previous 'limited' releases for the Bulli.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have this, but an older version, from Schuco. The bad part is the stems from the mirrors to the mirror rods from the doors. They are too long, absolutely not correct. And mine does not have the ignition key! Also the roof cover is very flimsy, need to be very careful when moving it. Mine is the red and white version, one of the very first ones.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The roof construction feels a bit more solid on this one, but the actual cover feels like it could tear after a while. So, I will keep mine closed, lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A fantastic model that came with quite a few surprises even before the 72 EUR I paid for it. It has so many details... The front door windows open and swivel (the smaller ones), the sun visors move, the seats move, there's even a key and a keychain in the starter... This one definitely shot up among the top of my most favorite models. We need more models like this one.
It's a fantastic model. Great details. I recently got mine.

Congratulations @T1000 thats a great addition at that price. Any issues you find on the model. Asking since mine is also on the way from the same price lot.
Hi, I received mine with some damage. fortunately I could repair most of it.

These are really nice models of such an iconic van/bus.
However - I bought one from the previous release (China?) for €99 when they were costing around 50% more, and now my bargain isn't so great! ;)
If you have one that is made in Chine, you possibly have a better model. Mine is made in Bangladesh. I find it very flimsy when I compare it to my old Schuco models that are made in China. Im not sure if it's specific to this model or as a general rule.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts