DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I just got this model on Tuesday i'm doing some mods to the SC GT500E to make it as close to the movie car as I can. Thought i'd post some of the progress so far hope you like and approve of it so far. Thanks for viewing.

Here goes:

Mods
1. Added detail through painting see if you can spot it.
2. Added the NOS sticker and DO NOT REMOVE valve cover
3. Fabricated the interior Armed switch
4. Fabricated Gauges (too big as I pre-made them from using the Yatming KR for reference)
5. Added the radiator cable and painted the cap.
6. Removed the battery from engine, to boot and did some mods to it.
7. Painted the inside of the wheels Matt Aluminium and re-painted the nuts back on.
8. Added black wires from the engine block
9. Painted the inside of the door linings silver
10. General paint detailing

Pics ( More to come )

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great work! specially the wheels. :cheers If I ever get one, I will copy some of your work.

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you like it, thanks for the comments keep em' coming. If you want pics of anything just ask and i'll try my best. Copy all you want acisne if you need any help give me a shout.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
So very nearly perfect...if only that bonnet lump wasn't too big. I must admit, I've been pondering about the possibility of swapping it with a different GT-500 bonnet. If I knew it was doable and that there was a suitable donor bonnet for it, I'd probably do it, too :cheers

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I thought the movie car didnt have the two toned rims? :confused
I was thinking about painting mine two tone when I bought it in October, but from what I remember I found out that the movie car only had plain silver wheels :confused

Anyway, looks really good :cheers

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one you see the most has two toned wheels because it shows you in the special features on the dvd the car having cameras all over it and you can see it has two toned Schimdt look-a-like wheels. You can also see this in the flood drains scene from the Special features.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Couple of questions...
What was the exact color you used to paint the wheels and how did you do the stickers on the nitrous system?

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi. Could you PLEASE post photos again? I can not see all of them! PLEAAAASE!!! :)
Didn't picture this thread being dug up again lol.........Unfortunately I can't dig up these pics again, imageshack doesn't seem to be accepting my details. Anything you'd like to know about the car?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'm tempted to give my Eleanor the same treatment, nice work & only noticed how old this thread was lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.