DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where to find a roll of the 1/4" to 1/2" clear plastic shipping strap material used on models such as Autoart and UT? Aside from taping doors, hoods, trunks, etc... shut with removable 3M tape, I was thinking about a more presentable / professional manner in which to secure the items for shipping.

I tried Google, but honestly, I have NO IDEA what to search for! :confused

G

·
I had an idea not so long ago.

So long as the model's don't have decal's, how about using small square's of stiki tape?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I know a couple of collectors that use "pipe cleaners" (the craft kind, not the actual one used to clean pipes) to secure doors and hoods.

Another way is to buy 1-2 gallon ziplock type bags and cut 1" strips horizontally.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I use non-scented "Kleenex" tissues, and Scotch tape (d**n, for a second there, I thought I was a Nascar driver at an interview). I use an extended piece of the tape, so that it overlaps the tissue. Plus, since I fold over the tissue, I will try to wedge part of it between the two parts that are being protected, so that there is no paint-to-paint contact.

:cheers

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dont' know how professional it looks, but I have used Saran Cling Wrap to "seal" hoods, trunks and doors for storage and shipping cars.

I strip it off in 2" wide by the length of the roll, then pull it to go around the car parts. In and around wheel wells over trunks and hoods, and through open windows and around to keep doors from banging and chipping paint.

I have not had any issues with paint reactions or damage to decals.

-Grant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.