DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I agree, the wheels and pllates make a big difference, but may I ask why you have applied racing numbers as well as road plates? Are you representing a car that took part in some sort of rally?

I keep being tempted to get one of these since seeing @X-Filer's full upgrade of the same model but using BBR wheels and seeing yours is not helping me to keep my money in my wallet.
Cheers,
Peter

Registered
I keep being tempted to get one of these since seeing @X-Filer's full upgrade of the same model but using BBR wheels and seeing yours is not helping me to keep my money in my wallet.
As Shia LaBoeuf would say...

Honestly, the only thing that demotes me from these KK-Scale in favour of the BBR is the tyre profile. Those sidewalls are way too vertical for a vintage tyre!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, the wheels and pllates make a big difference, but may I ask why you have applied racing numbers as well as road plates? Are you representing a car that took part in some sort of rally?

Cheers,
Peter
I have seen lot of British racing cars with lic. plate it's not uncommon, this one is a road racer

Registered
Honestly, the only thing that demotes me from these KK-Scale in favour of the BBR is the tyre profile. Those sidewalls are way too vertical for a vintage tyre!
The new wheels look great indeed!
But the tires seem to me a bit too large/balloony?
Interesting and contrasting comments on the tyres.

I've no idea who Shia Lebouf is, but I've gone and done it and bought a red one. As to the wheels, I can't find a set of BBR P02s in stock anywhere which left me two options. Buy a set of P01s with two ear knock offs from BBR and purchase some 3 ear knock offs elsewhere. With postage I reckon that would haveset me back about 40 quid.

After some correspondence with @modifier, who very kindly posted some further images of the wheels, I've ordered a set of KK wheels from a seller on Ebay for just over 20 quid including postage. So as we say in the UK, I'm quids in! I used the BBR P01s on my EType Jag upgrade so it will be interesting to make a comparison.

Cheers,
Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts