DiecastXchange Forum banner

1/18 Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge 3.5 (by KENGFai) Vs. Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge Hybrid (by Sum's Models)

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  D N'D-Land 
#1 ·
Big Boss Battle! Which type of boss are you and what are your desires in a vehicle? Are you one that lusts after a powerful image with in your face attention grabbing appearance or, are you the type of understated boss that likes to get things done with efficiency while being as understated as possible?
In Japan, China and greater Asia, Toyota's Alphard and its brothers the Vellfire and Lexus LM have taken over as a premium luxury vehicle segment that luxury sedans once were a common placeholder for executives and the wealthy. Whereas the west has shifted more towards MASSIVE SUVs for premium clients, in Asia midsize vans have become all of the rage. Most westerners which I have spoken with don't get it either (mentally think minivans and common family outings)......but it actually makes sense.
When you look at the bigger picture these vans make a lot of sense, because you are not compromised spatially. Plus in these size vans, they often come with an interior that feels more like a business or first-class jet accommodations.
One of the most controversial themes that vans in this segment feature is, BIG MASSIVE FRONT GRILLS. Seems like the larger and flashier the grills are, the more luxurious these types of vehicles are seen as in Asia. Many western friends of mine are turned off by them. I'm impartial and more open minded, so it doesn't bother me. Also, it's not my culture, so I just accept and respect the differences and keep it moving. I have actually come to appreciate that these vans aren't big-bland-boring, Asia went in a different direction for what luxury means to them.

I have had my KENGFai 1/18 Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge 3.5 since summer of 2021, but have just made time to finally shoot it with my OEM Sum's Model Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge Hybrid.
I was grateful that KENGFai also made the Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge 3.5 in both 1/18th and 1/64th scales, as I find it way more interesting than the more conservative Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge Hybrid design wise. I like the Gundam/Macross/Transformers Sci-fi in your face look of the Vellfire Executive Lounge 3.5, it's unapologetically Japanese. I love that bravado! So, I guess I'd be the more standout boss vehicle wise.
What we have here are two fully functional opening diecast masterpieces. Everything that you would want on a full 360 access model to move/slide/tilt/flip or open does here and for very competitive prices to quality ratios never seen before in this scale. Seriously highly functioning models.
When you open the rear sliding doors and liftgate in the back, you will find what looks like various seating positions. Both feature seats which can slide and fold flat almost to parallel to the floor. In both Vellfires you can find that those two are actually featuring a 3rd row seating position.
In these Vellfires, you'll notice that the two 2nd & 3rd row "Captain's Chairs" which can slide back and fourths with working arm rests on all four of the 1st & 2nd row seating.
Next, when you look up or down inside of these miniatures, you will find dual sliding sunroof/panoramic roves with interior shade covers and a tilting sun/moonroof feature up front. When you move to the exterior, you will be impressed by the solid & smooth easy sliding rear doors as well as the opening fuel door access replicated here, pivoting/rotating side mirrors, opening hood/bonnet & rear hatch/tailgate door with smoked limo-tinted rear privacy glass for rear passenger seclusion and an abundance of chrome slathered here and there to break up the volume-isk mass. Under their hoods, you will find deeply detailed engine castings for various petrol and hybrid-petrol combination motor detailing and labeling. When you flip the model over to view the chassis, you'll be pleased to find out that it too is metal with highly detailed working suspension! Also, present are gorgeously & realistically replicated exhaust systems and tail pipe finishers. All top class, not a step or a beat lost anywhere.
To finish off all of the highly detailed work, the two model's colors range from a deep black & a black-blue-ish metallic paint finishes. Their exteriors are also highly accurately detailed, plus the crystal-like headlamps along with in-depth accurate frosted white/sandblasted look taillamps that look spot on. Proper intricately metal badging plus detailed wheels wrap up these impressive pieces.
A bit tardiness with this review, however, I think that it paints a solid picture for other considering adding one of these. Currently, as they have both been out now for around roughly two years, you can probably pick one or both up for a lot less than I initially paid upon first releases. Cheers!

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Grille
Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille
Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Hood
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Car Grille

1/18 Toyota Vellfire Executive Lounge 3.5 (by KENGFai).........
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Car Grille Tire Vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Stefanus!
I also loved my KENFai Alphards, in both LHD and RHD and in in black with a total of three of those, as I initially had black, Sold it for white, but it was LHD...so, I sold it and got RHD...lol for me, these have to be RHD. Unfortunately, my Hybrid is a CDM version and is LHD.

You will love the 3.5, it is a PERFECT companion to the Alphard as well as the LM! I had to have it in black. for me the Alphard is white and teh Vellfire is black. Although the white model looks good as well!

It was my pleasure to share with you and others here on DX! LOL..glad that you said "eye candies" versus eye sore..lol!!!😂

Also, I am so lucky that KENGFai have done all three Alphard/Vellfire/LM brothers in 1/64th scale as well as had all of the 1/18ths. All great models!🥂
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design Glass Liquid

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#8 ·
I can't wait for you to get into 1/64th as well. I will tell you that they are bringing joy again to collecting. Sometimes I just fear not buying 1/18ths and then actually have that fun giddy feeling more so from 1/64ths 😊
Basically, the same brands that you have mentioned in 1/64 or 3 inch scale have had a renaissance in the world of small miniatures! I feel like you will get into them and not even stress, as they usually aren't so pricy to boot👏 Glad to see that you found your cars that your Mother saved for you! That was a really nice history my friend!! Cheers!🥂

#6 ·
Another great comparison David, so much details on the model is what model collectors would like. Seeing them on roll on Singapore streets, they have a very good presence.

#9 ·
Thanks Channa!! 😊It was nice to FINNALY get this review out I have had a lot of pressure over my head for years to get it done and now I have...whew. These models really deserve to be highlighted for their quality and for me personally, my own personal interest in Japanese vehicles. Cheers!🥂

#7 ·
Great review, and very interesting subject vehicles! My friend from China was telling me about how these very expensive luxury minivans (MPVs as they call them) are all the rage over there. I've been seeing them in the Chinese model stores on Aliexpress as well.

Kind of reminds me of the conversion van fad in the US back in the early 1980s.

#10 ·
Thank You!! I kinda' figured that you might would also find these interesting, as we kinda' collect on a similar wave length wise in miniatures😊
Yeah, I find it interesting that Asia diverged from sedans to Vans whereas us Americas and the rest of the West went for SUVs and CUVs and Trucks. I feel bad for sedans and Coupes personally. I get so tired of BIG SUVs blocking my views from my car. This is probably why so may are on the roads..to see around the next driver sitting in front of you😂
The best part is, that these model have been out for around two years, so the prices are a lot less now, than when I got mine!;) ....curious to see what shows up in your collection or posts here on DX next?:unsure: Cheers!!🥂

#14 ·
Boy, Kengfai and Sum's truly nail down what every diecast should have feature wise. I could mess around with those features all day! 😄

What an interesting divergence from the west. Let's be frank, outside of off-roading, which most SUVs can't even do anymore, vans are 1000x more practical, efficient, and provide good value for the dollar. It's a shame they've fallen so far out of favour that as a category they're almost as dead as sedans are in NA.

These vans have quite blunt front-ends. Not liking it personally, but that's okay. I'm not their target market. 😎

#16 ·
Boy, Kengfai and Sum's truly nail down what every diecast should have feature wise. I could mess around with those features all day! 😄

What an interesting divergence from the west. Let's be frank, outside of off-roading, which most SUVs can't even do anymore, vans are 1000x more practical, efficient, and provide good value for the dollar. It's a shame they've fallen so far out of favour that as a category they're almost as dead as sedans are in NA.

These vans have quite blunt front-ends. Not liking it personally, but that's okay. I'm not their target market. 😎
Belal, it's just so amazing that those two companies felt so passionately enough to make these two vans, plus the Lexus version and the Toyota Alphard versions!

Yeah, this is a divergence which I'd loved to have seen avoided in the west. I don't mind SUVs so much, as well as vans, but I'd rather see people buying and driving cars. It's ridiculous that the big three have or nearly abandoning automobiles.

I like the "Gundam" robotic in your face look of the 3.5..it's busy, but aggressive. I tend to like that more than the more "mild mannered" looking hybrid.🥂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.