DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
At the risk of sounding self-effacing, Nocky, it is looking GOOD!

As the pics I sent you suggest, the rounded top, and the side door are perfect replicas of my old trailer, and if you can fit an 1/18 scale Anson or Ertl truck inside, then we can easily fit a Carousel 1 Corvette or a GMP Camaro (similar to the two race cars I had while we owned that trailer) into it.

I'm working with someone on another un-named Board to create a receiver-type trailer hitch for it. We hauled the same trailer with a Silverado Dually (the Corvette) and a Silverado Suburban (the Camaro), so same hitch set up (actually same chassis-have I put in too many parentheticals?) should work for either. Plus, I have both a White dually, and a White suburban in the collection (so the set up can work either way).

I'll be moved into my new house in April: This would make a wonderful "House-warming" gift!

XOXO

:lol

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Right, no pressure then!!!!
Does that mean you DON'T want me to make a hitch on the trailer? I can leave that part as is or put on on. The one I have on my original trailer is a ball-type connector that is the ball in on the towbar and the socket is on the trailer.

:cheers

Peter

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Make it as indicated. What I am trying to have built is the receiver bracket to fit on the tow vehicle and the ball unit. I will need the trailer to have the ball-type connector with the socket on the trailer, as indicated.

Thanks!

:wink

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right, no pressure then!!!!
Does that mean you DON'T want me to make a hitch on the trailer? I can leave that part as is or put on on. The one I have on my original trailer is a ball-type connector that is the ball in on the towbar and the socket is on the trailer.

:cheers

Peter
[post="259228"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Make it as indicated. What I am trying to have built is the receiver bracket to fit on the tow vehicle and the ball unit. I will need the trailer to have the ball-type connector with the socket on the trailer, as indicated.

Thanks!

:wink
[post="259594"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I can make a tow ball reciever for you if you want. I use and RC plane ball joint and it works well. I put on in for you anyway.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.