DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any thread to post these into, so have made this.
The idea is a grab all area for such models - many were country specific.
I have knowledge of Italian, French and Japanese subjects.
There have also been brand collections, including some very nice Opel models.

These are a selection of rally cars to start things off.
Move down the page to see them.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Do want this to be in a Hobby Headlines thread ? Or for members to show these models off ?

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I intended it more for a reference area for 1/24th scale subjects from magazines.
As I mentioned, there have been a series of such models released with magazines, I have some of the Italian series releases from around 15 years ago.
Some of these have not been available in 1/18th scale, some (like my Alfa Montreal) have opening doors and bonnets with engine detail.
While my 1/18th scale KK model doesn't have any of these things.
But I am happy for you to relocate it where you think it fits best.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Cool, I've put it here as there are some new models there.

I bought a 1/24 Citroen Saxo VTS (facelift) model in Silver with the mag at the time I couldn't get a 1/18 of it (the OttO Mobile one was stupidly hard to get) now OttO have made a 1/18 so I have one of those too. I want one with the twisty wheels on it though, but no one's made one :(

Other than that, I want a 1/24 Nissan Figaro now as the 1/18 version is impossible to find!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slart, do you think those Opels will be more widely available outside of the magazine distribution? I doubt we’ll get the mag here.

Modelissimo has number of them available.
I have tried to link directly to the listing, but it doesn't seem to work.
I am certain you know what to do.....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Slart, do you think those Opels will be more widely available outside of the magazine distribution? I doubt we’ll get the mag here.

Modelissimo has number of them available.
I have tried to link directly to the listing, but it doesn't seem to work.
I am certain you know what to do.....
Thanks mate. I’ll keep a look out :) I want the Corsa. TBH, I thought it was called the GT in Continental Europe, rather than SR as it was here. Doesn’t really matter :)

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
I want a Corsa B GSi model, not fussed on the scale! but not a 1/43 I am surprised that no one's made one already!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
JDM collection.
Cheers for sharing the 1/24 JDM collection blog. There are heaps of uber cool JDMs I would love to have sadly it isnt quite practical for me to source them from where I am. I wonder if they were also on limited release as well.. I tasked my brother to hunt for some when he was in Japan several years back and he did not come across any at all at the local newsagencies.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quite a few of these JDM models are likely to pop up from IXO or similar.
For example the Whitebox brand did a run of those Italian magazine models under their own name, many with a nice plastic display box.
Tooling, research and other overheads are not likely to have been covered by the magazine numbers - when you see that they were nowhere to be seen in Japan itself.
What I would warn about is keeping a close eye on those retailers who carry full ranges of 1/24th scale stuff.
Carmodel and Modelissimo are pretty good with the scale.
And that many are one batch only, and likely to disappear after the first run sells out.
You might also find that the more obscure subjects probably won't make the cut.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pay attention to the details.
Some of the re-issues deleted opening features.
If you are after a European subject, check to see if there was an opening original.
I bought a Italian (!) magazine 190E with an astonishing bonnet mechanism.
I marvelled at the effort put into achieving this - I don't think anyone produced any more versions.

A useful reference from around ten years ago.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Very excited to say I found the Corsa SR and I have ordered it :) I think it was probably pure luck that I looked on eBay today and one was there, waiting for me :)

I’m not sure what the quality will be like, but I have some pretty nice opening 1:24s from probably the same company (Hachette?) and they are fine enough. Well chuffed :)

big cheers to Slart, too. If you hadn’t started this thread and shared the link, I wouldn’t have known the Corsa existed. Thanks, pal(y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check out this page
Look at "Newsstand Collections" section, where you can find detailed lists of currently running series, and also finished ones.

I have some 1/24 Ferrari's from "Le Grandi Ferrari" series. They are made by Bburago, at their ussual quality.
Lately I bought also few 1/24 cars from Italian WRC Collection. They are made by IXO and/or (?) Altaya. They are pretty nice detailed, but sealed models.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Check out this page
Look at "Newsstand Collections" section, where you can find detailed lists of currently running series, and also finished ones.

I have some 1/24 Ferrari's from "Le Grandi Ferrari" series. They are made by Bburago, at their ussual quality.
Lately I bought also few 1/24 cars from Italian WRC Collection. They are made by IXO and/or (?) Altaya. They are pretty nice detailed, but sealed models.
Superb! Thanks for the link. A few there that caught my eye :)

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not an actual part of any 1/24th scale magazine series, but almost certain to have originated there.
Whitebox 1973 Toyota Celica LB2000 available at less than €22 at the moment from Modelissimo.
Hasegawa do a really nice booted version which can be found with left hand drive interior for those 'on the other side of the tracks'. :>)
- note that not all kits in this series contain both dashboards.
(Do not be tempted to buy the much inferior Aoshima version)
Parts trees with the LHD dash shaded out.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts