DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
has anyone evr done decal copying,or had it done?If so how?I got some cool rally decal kits in 1:24th,i would love to use on my diecasts?
Madhun

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'm in the process of making my own decals for a Tamiya 1/12 Hayabusa. They are for a set of Two Bros carbon exhaust cans (the style with the cool triangles). I'm going to be using Detail Master clear decal paper to print them on. I'm almost done editing the file I'm going to use. Then I'm taking it to Kinkos to have them print it with one of their color laser printers 'cause I don't have one. I'll post pics on how they come out in the next couple days.

What you can do in your situation is scan the decals at the highest resolution it can. Then adjust the size by 133% should get you close to the size you need. Print them on white paper first to check the size and tweek the numbers as needed. You can get the clear decal paper at most hobby stores that carry plastic models.

Good luck!
:cheers
Duc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Duc,
thanks for reply.I have a sheets of 1:24th Renaissance rally decals,which i was going to "blow" up to 1:18th.
Kinkos told me thay cant do it on decal paper?Whats up with that?
I`ll check a few other copy shops,too.Let you know what i find out.
Madhun

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That's odd!?! The Kinkos here didn't have a problem doing it. The decal paper from Detail Master is for laser printers only. There are decal kits out on the market. Testors makes one that can be used with an inkjet printer. With their kit, you print the image and then spray a clear coat over it before you can cut and soak the decals. With the Detail Master paper, you don't have to do the clear coat after printing. These are also sold at hobby shops. I'm doing it over because I didn't like the appearance of the carbon fiber - I made the pattern too small.

:cheers
Duc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,
just checked its Detail Master,8.5 x 11 sheets.I will call another Kinkos see,if someone knows whats going on.
I cant wait to convert this Subie,into something noone offers in 1:18th!!!!!!!!!!!
Madhun

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok,i found out the scoop.So for all who have desires to turn something 1:24th scale into 1:18th,as long as its offered in street trim.In my case an Impreza from pre 2001.I will have to build all interior pieces from scratch and wheels from another car,but it will be worth it.
Kinkos copier works awesome,just make sure you size it right.At only $1.90 a copy its fairly cheap,even with having to pay for clear decal
sheet at $3.00 per.This way you can have your decal in 1:18th,if they make it in 1:24th.
Madhun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts