DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CMC is one of the jewels in my collection - I just had to add the Minichamps 300 SLR, the #19 Fangio/Moss entry at the ill fated 1955 Le Mans. The L6600 truck is from Schuco and complements the others nicely.

:cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. It really is a superb model, although I must admit, I have not yet had the courage to remove the loading ramps :lol

Steve

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Fantastic set you've created, Steve - well done!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Luc.

Yes, the ramps can be removed & assembled using the stands attached to the spare wheels.....I have not tried to do this, even though the relevant tool is supplied, as I am sure I would break something :badidea

Steve

G

·
jinx, i see you are from the Uk too. If you dont mind me asking how much did this model cost and where might i source one from in 1/43.

It reminds me of visting the Mercedes-benz museum in Stuttgart, i have a great picture f the truck with the SLR on the back. I fell in love with it on this day but i decided against buying a 1/18 one i saw because of cost and transport and instead plumped for a Dealer Edition 1/43 Bernd Schneider Vodafone DTM mercedes C-Klasse.

^ At The New Benz Museum, Stuttgart

If you guys want i can post ll my pics in a different thread in OffTopic, if there is any demand or want :lol

Thanks in advance!

Rob

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hi Rob,

I bought the model two or three years ago from a German online retailer - www.modelcarworld.de - I think it cost about £75-£80. I can't remember the exact price as I bought the 300 SLR & L6600 as part of the same order!

I'm sorry, but, I don't know where you could source one in the UK - modelenium? - they carry a large varied stock....

As for your photos of the Mercedes museum - excellent, most enjoyable, I would love to visit it.

Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.