DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anybody else collects 1:50 consrtuction vehicles/machines? I just got into collecting these and this site has tons of cool machines. Bye bye money.
DHS Diecast

For example:

Detail on this truck is amazing:
http://www.dhsdiecast.com/_images/product_...s/PH05899_L.jpg

This is a huge mining shovel. It is 25 pounds. For 1:50 it is huge! $700.00 :WTF I drool.

And this massive beauty. It is about 6 feet tall. Sweet! Another $700.00 :dizzy
http://www.dhsdiecast.com/_images/product_...s/PH05115_L.jpg

Please keep pictures within 640 x 480 and no bigger than 60KB , Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sheepCrusher said:
By the way for scale. My 1:43 scale DBR9 Aston Martin doesn't even come up to the bottom of the wheel hub on this 1:50 dump truck. The dump truck fits under the bucket of the mining shovel. Big is good!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Holy crap dude! That's some heavy metal you have there! AWESOME! I'm not sure which I like better, the long trailer or the dump truck!?!?!?!?!

:cheers
Sean

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Uuuuugh! For me, this is like waving a kilo of cocaine in front of a junkie! I have been ignoring the little voiced in my head about this stuff. As soon as a "break the seal", so to speak, and get my first one, I will literally lose control and go nuts.

I've always said that if I ever get out of 1/18's, or get my collection to a point where I am satisfied (yeah right), this will be my next genre of collecting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only one I have is the dump truck. I also have a logging dozer and a tiny loader. I hear what you all are saying about being hesitant to get into another scale. I was too. Even more so about getting into 1:43. But then I said why not? 1:43 is cheaper and there a tons more racing cars in that scale with awesome detail. And I could no longer resist the the full on grrrrrr factor of the construction vehicles. They are just so big and burly. Just do it. Have fun.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I just saw this dump truck on a TV show a few days ago. The driver said, "imgaine going upstairs in your two-story house, and then driving it away!" Good lord these things are huge!

This could indeed be a very slipperly slope!

:cheers

·
Registered
919 Posts

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/Die...an/000_0403.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/Die...an/000_0404.jpg

While watching worker put up this 315 foot crane a few blocks from my home, I encountered another guy snapping some pictures too. After talking a while, we discovered that we both collected diecast models. He is into construction equipment and referred me to the site listed. I told him about some of the newer car releases and about some of the top brands.
I was shocked to find out that the crane models go for in excess of 1000 LARGE.
This fellow had a couple of the cranes and was well versed in all the 1:1 cranes from different manufacturers.
As much as I can appreciate the models, they are too rich for my blood. With deeper pockets, perhaps.

By the way, the stationary crane above is brand new, made in China, first time to be used. I don't know the brand name of it.
The mobile crane used to erect it was nearly one block long!
The rental fee for the stationary crane is $20,000 per month!
LARGE

Keep pictures below 60KB . Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a pic with some dudes in it for scale. This truck is the same size as the other dump truck.
Gggrrrrr

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Those trucks (especially the white Terex crane) just leave me speechless!! If I were into collecting models of construction vehicles, I think I'd run out of space in my house (& money) pretty quick. :dizzy But boy, do they ever look cool!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You WILL join me on the Dark Side!
Resistance is futile!

Don't live in regret and denial. Set yourself free!

Yes I am a nerd.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Man, and I thought that the oones that NorthernTools sold for $30-$50 were expensive and intricate! These are awesome! :cheers Thanks for posting them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.