DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Thanks to Andrew (ajrichar) for telling me about this forum,it is sensational!
I have almost completed a diorama depicting the starting grid for the 2003 Bathurst 1000.I still have some detailing to do but it's almost there.I am struggling to find 1/64 scale figurines to finish off my project.I have heard thet 1/64 scale pit crews can be found but I have had no luck as yet.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Many thanks.
Tony.
P.S Here is a pic of my dio when I first started it -

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Tony, that looks simply superb!
As for 1:64 figures, the best bet would be going into your nearest Train/Railway hobby store and picking through their selection of figurines to find the right size. They will probably need repainting/slight modifying if you are using them as pit crews, but that is the only way I can see you will get your figurines. I am finding that the best way (and usualy the only way) of gettting exactly what you want for your cars/trucks/collection/dioramas is to make it yourself!

God luck with it Tony!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be the way to go I reckon though I'm sure I heard that Minichamps did some F1 pit crew in 1/64.Navigating the Minichamps website is a nightmare and I havent stumbled across them yet.
Make the figures myself?eek! :lol

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Minichamps made 1:43 and 1:18 figures, but I have never heard of them making 1:64 ones.... :confused
I'd say that model train accessory figurines (you know, like people walking, strolling etc for model train diorama towns) is your best chance. I am sure a German model railway accessory company makes them in varying sizes. I remember flicking through a catalogue sometime in the last 12 months....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've seen a lot of these Hot Wheels Pit crew series Nascars on ebay.Regarding the ones that actually come with pit crew figures,are they any good?(pics don't show a great deal)
I've also seen similar series by Tyco?What are they like?
Any feedback or info on these will be greatly appreciated.
:cheers
Tony.
P.S I am talking 1/64 scale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.