1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made by Norev
Part number : B6 604 1415
Mercedes Benz Classic Collection.

The first Motorwagen used the Benz 954 cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine. This new engine produced ⅔ hp (½ kW) at 250 rpm in the Patent-Motorwagen. It was an extremely light engine for the time, weighing about 100 kg (220 lb).
First a few pictures taken of the Motorwagen in the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart that I visited last year...

And now Norev's version of it. The model is almost completely made out of plastic, only a minor part (chassis) is diecast. It's quite well detailed, but for a price of 91 €, one would expect a little more.
This must be the lightest model in my collection : only 64 gr. (0.141 pound).

·
Premium Member
12,988 Posts
Very cool model. I was really happy that this got made, although I won't get one. Nice pictures.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
It's too bad that the wood looks so fake since it's such a big part of the model. But like others said, at least it finally got made. I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the States.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's too bad that the wood looks so fake since it's such a big part of the model. But like others said, at least it finally got made. I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the States.
There is so much on it that they could have made real (wood, chain..) but sadly they did not..IMHO it's too expensive for what it is. But like you guys have said, finally someone made it in 1:18

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Nicely detailed and interesting model mbc112 - thanks for the many pics

The chain drive is exquisite, but with so much plastic it does not justify such a high price tag IMO....

the weight is lighter than many of my 1:18 bikes.....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Nice quirky add. CMC also made one of these, but in 1/10 scale. It's a bit expensive for what it is, though for a Merc nut, this is understandable.

They should 've used better materials.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Really have to hand it to Norev; they're consistently making new, interesting and varied models. This, the Murcielago SV and Ford Capri in the space of a year, it's a brilliantly eclectic range they have!

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I fancy one of these, I just find them a bit highly priced, I'm seeing prices of between £80 - £100 which I think is too much - but I do want it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts