DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Ive been a bit slow on models over the last couple of years.

Now that Im not working again Ive had the time to do a few customs...

This is 1 of 3 that Im doing or have done.

Heres some pics

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a shot of the engine bay...

To get the V8 into the engine bay I had to remove the steering (which you will see in later pics), use some heat and reshape the front pipe on the extractors and heat the sides of the engine bay and pull them out so that the engine would fit.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a shot of the underside of the engine...

Here you can see that the steering isnt connected any more and where the exhausts had to come through.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I really like the look of that - nice work!

·
Registered
919 Posts
VERY SHARP, Ben!!!

Really like the color combinations.

What is the scale and who makes the model?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The model is by Johnny Lightning in the Coca Cola Series. It is Scale 18 in size.

The engine is from GMP which you can buy seperately

The mag wheels are also from GMP... They come with thinner profile front tyres than what are on the chev but I didnt like the look on this model so bought 2 sets and used the rears out of that for the front.

The seats are resin copies of seats from a Holden Commdore and are painted black.

Thanks for the comments guys... I really enjoyed modifying this model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was watching Ben customise this model and he does a great job. His work is so popular that he has no trouble selling them, and usually first to see buys. He is customising a Studebaker Champion 1953 and I look forward to seeing this one and adding it to my large collection of Studebaker Models. I have a model shop in Western Australia and it is great to have Ben around as he does not hesitate to repair models for me if they arrive with minor problems :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the good words Mark.

I enjoy being in the shop as you get some interesting chatacters in there... Allan will enjoy my latest mod... I will start a new thread on this soon...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.