DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
First of all, once again a gigantic Thank You to Diecast Dispersal for donating this great IH tow truck for the 2nd banner contest.. Now I know what the hoopla about First Gear models is all about. I'm also afraid it has pitched me down a slippery First Gear slope with late night frenzied searches for FG Power Wagons, but I digress. . .

Two things struck me right off. This model is packed extremely well, it would be extremely difficult for it to get damaged. First Gear includes two side view mirrors in case one gets broken or lost somehow, which I thought was a very nice touch. It's 1/34th scale, but the detail on it is simply astounding. It is sealed, i.e. the hood and doors don't open, but there is still detail all over the place. I'll let the pictures show that, there are just too many little details to list here. The tires are molded with sidewall detail which I found unbelievable! The tampos are crisp and well done. The tow boom features "cables" and seperate tow hooks, it just goes on and on. To say I am happy with this Corn Binder would be an understatement. . .

This is another one I am going to simply leave alone. It is great exactly the way it is!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That looks great, Eddie - how big is it - about 9" long? Congratulations and thank you to Diecast Dispersal.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats Eddie, Its a fantastic truck and many thanks to Diecast Dispersal for donating it :cheers

First Gear are awesome diecasts, I remeber being on a trip a number of year ago and being ready to purchase 2 or 3 of these because they were so nice.

Thank God I never started because I would never be able to stop :giggle

You may have to give up your "Mr. low end" title with this one in your collection :lol

G

·
Congrats on the new addition, glad it arrived safely :cheers

I looked this one over real well and I thought to myself...hmmm :lol

G

·
Eddie, thats truly awesome truck, and thanks for show it to me at work.

I would have to agree with you on leaving it just the way it is, it does have
alot of details on it. :nicejob

Jeff, I do agree with you about Eddie given up his "Mr. low end" title :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Congrats on your tow truck Eddie! :cheers From your descriptions and photos, it looks to be a real gem. And once again, a big hand to Diecast Dispersal for that generous donation. :nicejob :nicejob

G

·
Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner. I appreciate everyone's feedback and I'm really glad Eddie is happy with the prize (and he might have a 2nd career in die-cast photography).

This is a great forum and I'm more than happy to help out with the contests.

Thanks!

Stewart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.