DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Mints were King...
Released over 10 years ago, this was high detail at its best.
But, that detail was expensive. $135 in 1994 was (and still is) very expensive.

What you got was the best VW bus available in any scale with a slifing canvas roof, wonderful, fully carpeted interior and very well applied and authentic paint.
All the chrome trim is seperate pieces, just as it should be.

The engine compartment is very simple, just like the real Van, it does not have all the wiring and hoses that it should but in this scale, it would be very hard to see anyway.

I love this model, good thing I got it at about half price :giggle

Attachments

G

·
For something that's a decade old that really is a great little van.

What scale is it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
When we lived in Germany, my stepdad bought one of those. Classic orange microbus to travel around Europe instead of using our Mustang. It was loud, lack of power, cheap interior but it was a lot of fun to travel in that thing.....ahhh memories..... :giggle

·
Registered
919 Posts
Had one of these vans less all the glass and maybe not the same year. Was a good vehicle even if underpowered and cold in the winter. Had many adventures in it. Also rode in quite a few when I hitchhiked around Europe and Africa. Versatile machines indeed. The model is very well done!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.